Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shearling Hercules

simonc

Practically Family
One thing I will say is that I really pounded the Herc with Neats Foot Oil, two big treatments and the leather drank it up giving it this sexy matt sheen.

icWRNC8.jpg

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Show Off! Well keep showin' off man you're lookin' good. As we used to say "stylin' and profilin'"! You say you treated the Hercules was it used? Why apply so much treatment to a new jacket? Hurrying break-in?

Worf

PS .... Hell you guys STILL got leaves on the trees?

simonc

Practically Family
Thanks Worf, this jacket leaves me no choice but to be stylin and profilin, ha. Highwaymanman the jacket is 8 years old, the one inch shearling lining (aero's thickest) was just recently done, along with a replaced mutton collar, zip and new cord sleeves. * This was only the second 1 inch shearling refit of a jacket so it provided challenges for Aero, took two attempts but they got just right. It is a beast Smithy, thanks, indeed there's enough shearling inside this jacket for a playboy centre spread with twins for this pimp. But it really needs to drop under ten degrees to come into its own.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Really nice jackets, but like previous posters i can't help but think it would look so much better with a belt!

I don't understand how people not wear one, i feel naked without a belt....

apba1166

A-List Customer
The jacket looks awesome. I always wanted an Aero FQHH w/shearling lining and when I got one....dum de dum...I sold it a year later. Just too much jacket to get on and off! Zipping it was always a chore unless it was 20 degrees outside. Cool idea to retrofit a broken in one.

Now, on the belt issue. Looks fine to me. Around where I live anyone mid-50s to mid-60s without a belt tells me they either served (Navy) or are living right....so stay cool Simon!

pauleway

Practically Family
Show Off! Well keep showin' off man you're lookin' good. As we used to say "stylin' and profilin'"! You say you treated the Hercules was it used? Why apply so much treatment to a new jacket? Hurrying break-in?

Worf

PS .... Hell you guys STILL got leaves on the trees?

Worf,
I live in western NY, and the majority of the leaves are still on the trees here also!!

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I have a couple of questions:

Would you mind giving us your height/weight? If this is too personal of a question I apologise and withdraw it.

What is the jacket size? Have you tried layering anything more than a shirt underneath? Did you get the jacket shearling lined because it was something you'd always wanted or because you thought it would make it fit better? Has the lining bedded down any yet?

Again, I'm gobsmacked by this piece. It's changed my whole line of thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff