Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shearling Hercules

simonc

Practically Family
I have a couple of questions:

Would you mind giving us your height/weight? If this is too personal of a question I apologise and withdraw it.
No mate, I'm 6' 1.5" - 92kg's although normally 90kgs

What is the jacket size?
44 / 26 arm

Have you tried layering anything more than a shirt underneath?
Not yet as it would be too hot and too tight.

Did you get the jacket shearling lined because it was something you'd always wanted or because you thought it would make it fit better?
I wanted to reinvent the jacket and breathe new life into it, the alpaca lining was worn around the hem and the zipper tired but everything else was fine.

Has the lining bedded down any yet?
No, this is something I do think about, as it is quite significant, I can zip it but its tight, however I do know it will bed down a lot, which is why I went for the 1 inch max fleece. Once the fleece beds down it should be in proportion to the mass of the jacket and all should be sitting even better.

Again, I'm gobsmacked by this piece. It's changed my whole line of thinking.
I'm very pleased. It is a classic. I like heavy, it works very well in HH. I like solid well made things and this jacket represents that, also I think the black on black is unbeatable. I've walked across trading floors in the city of London, film sets and fightclubs and this jacket has stopped traffic there. Besides the warmth the jacket now offers the refit has a renewed the shape which I really like and it fulfils a corner of my wardrobe for the winter months that I can rely upon unquestionably. Thanks for your interest.

simonc

Practically Family
Out and about the Herc taking me for a walk.
yMt6BeWl.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sink me, that's a beautiful jacket (bit warm for the tropics, though). I was thinking about the belt question: you look fine without one. There is a belt on the Leather Goods Connection website, however, that the jacket would look great with. I'm thinking of the black ranger/biker belt in the ranger belt section. Their prices are very reasonable, the quality's first rate, and they'll send it out, custom-made, within a week.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Simonc. I really like your Hercules. It's just an outstanding jacket. I have looked through this thread several times and I am interested to know why you chose to treat the jacket with neats foot oil. I've seen a good deal of negative commentary about that product and I have been a bit uneasy about using it on high end jackets, although I have had very good results with several pair of boots. What changes did you notice in the jacket after treating it other than the matte finish that developed?

Khun

New in Town
About that shearling, it is so uniformly consistent in appearance without any apparent randomness, when I first laid my hands on it I thought it possibly could be synthetic. I'd be curious to know how Aero processes and sculpts such a uniform layer from an animal skin.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
About that shearling, it is so uniformly consistent in appearance without any apparent randomness, when I first laid my hands on it I thought it possibly could be synthetic. I'd be curious to know how Aero processes and sculpts such a uniform layer from an animal skin.
Are you talking about the Mouton? If so, it's been electrically treated and sheared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff