Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short Sleeved Dress Shirts With a Suit?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Jil Sander

heres the way to work the Jil Sander short sleeve suit....
thats some head of hair.

2228379935_d931af1e4f.jpg

But obviously, this is for a younger slim casual crowd. Not the over 40 paunchy set.

Maguire

Practically Family
This reminds me at work starting saturday i'll have to start wearing a short sleeve labcoat and .. short sleeve collared shirt to match. I've seen pharmacists go for the short sleeve labcoat, long sleeve dress shirt but to me that looks far worse than just going for even short sleeves. I hate to do it but if i don't i'll bake in the photo lab.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrBern said:
a US President in short sleeves & tie

I've long ago ceased to believe that just because a president does it, that makes it right. So that this doesn't turn into a political discussion, I'll zip my lip on a variety of things a variety of presidents have done that I would personally avoid.... ;)

BillTyre

New in Town
Short sleeves in SD

I've not experienced a big trend towards short sleeves in business attire here in SD. Now, a general trend away from business attire in total, sure.

Benny Holiday

There is never, ever, ever, a situation where short sleeves and a tie is appropriate. Not even here in Sydney where it reaches up to 39 or 40 degrees Celcius in Summer.

The character of Andy Sipowicz on NYPD Blue almost got away with it . . . but that's almost! lol

Diamondback said:
I'd say the physics program at the nearest college--"you wanna go 'short-sleeves-and-tie', you earn it!" I say... (and since I've been an aerospace and rocketry geek from birth, I'd say I already have... remember, the whole 'geeky Poindexter' thing?lol)
That's real torture!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Have none of you ever seen L.A. Confidential? Russel Crowe wears short sleeves with his heavy suits.
l-a-confidential-russell-crowe-kim-basinger.jpg

It can be done with discretion. It helps to be Russel Crowe or Thom Browne. Kim Basinger helps too.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
The bottom line is, to do is is not without precedent. But it's rarely done with panache and has a bad reputation for looking dorky. So either get a shirt with slim-fitting sleeves or keep working out until you have Russel Crowe's biceps?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
We reference the NASA look & now the LBJ shot.
These are artifacts of the world in the `60s when AC was not everywhere, nor was it in every car.
No one in the NASA control rooms is now dressed like this. They all wear polo shirts.

Why is it better to roll up sleeves than to just wear a short sleeve shirt?

Id rather see men in short sleeve & ties, than rumpled w/ long sleeves rolled up & ties loosened.
482209235_827a75d0ae.jpg

Mike in Seattle

Benny Holiday said:
There is never, ever, ever, a situation where short sleeves and a tie is appropriate. Not even here in Sydney where it reaches up to 39 or 40 degrees Celcius in Summer.

The character of Andy Sipowicz on NYPD Blue almost got away with it . . . but that's almost! lol
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran