Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shot down in flames! so will be resting for a 'wee' while...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hiya Holly. Police are following their lines of enquiry..

That is the response by the detectives on the case. To be honest, I'm not dwelling on it getting a judicial result. If it happens, it happens and would be great, but...life goes on as normal, and I'm back to work, and as you know, going for lovely beach walks and ending up at castles that are crying out for fair headed maidens to be rescued by an Irish man in chain-mail!! Just a shame they rust up so much (Ouch!) when it rains here! LoL..!
By the way Holly, I love Cole Porter and that music from The Aviator (ha ha Holly!...folks listening into this will be thinking.."what have those two been drinking? must be Singapore Slings at the South Seas Club! LoL!!")
OH, and as for smoking...nope! doesn't do it for me! I prefer having a minty breath!! :)

Anyway, the police/assault thing. Strangely, since I watched the first reports of the Tsunami disaster and followed it, a lot of other things (my assault included) seem to have diminished by this great tragedy. I feel quite overwhelmed by the whole thing and its scale of suffering. I suppose like many of us, it will put things in perspective for us for a short while until the routine of out own lives takes over again. I spent a number of months in India and Nepal (not sure if I told you Holly), and that effected me for a while after coming back to Western Europe and its prosperity. But then I fell back into the same routines and values again eventually (human nature I guess). So maybe every so often it's good to remind ourselves of how relatively lucky we are (just having the money to type on computers like this, or for me to splash out on a Barnstormer jacket). Doesn't mean we can't enjoy these things, but it's good to help in some small ways and gestures, those in less fortunate circumstances. OK! Just jumped off my soap-box. Sorry everyone, just Paddy getting carried away! LoL. Get the bucket of iced water to throw over me Holly!

Holly, 'thankyou' for asking about how things are going :) I'll be writing soon.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
That's an easy one. Smoke menthols. :p :p

Regards to all,

J
Do they make those in cigars as I don't smoke cigarettes? Cigars just on special occasions and in the company of fellow cigar afficiandos (I know I mispelled that but oh well.)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I sure hope those detectives find those punkards.

PADDY said:
That is the response by the detectives on the case. To be honest, I'm not dwelling on it getting a judicial result. If it happens, it happens and would be great, but...life goes on as normal, and I'm back to work, and as you know, going for lovely beach walks and ending up at castles that are crying out for fair headed maidens to be rescued by an Irish man in chain-mail!! Just a shame they rust up so much (Ouch!) when it rains here! LoL..!
LOL! Must be nice to walk on the beach and stumble upon castles...not something we can do here in the states. beaches yes...castles no.

By the way Holly, I love Cole Porter and that music from The Aviator
I'm glad to hear! That's what I needed to know.

(ha ha Holly!...folks listening into this will be thinking.."what have those two been drinking? must be Singapore Slings at the South Seas Club! LoL!!")
LOL! yEAH...BUT SINCE THIS IS YOUR THREAD, I'LL FOLLOW YOUR LEAD ON STEARING IT OFF TOPIC.

OH, and as for smoking...nope! doesn't do it for me! I prefer having a minty breath!!
SMART BOY! SO NOT A CIGAR GUY, EH?

Anyway, the police/assault thing. Strangely, since I watched the first reports of the Tsunami disaster and followed it, a lot of other things (my assault included) seem to have diminished by this great tragedy...I spent a number of months in India and Nepal (not sure if I told you Holly),
NOPE YOU DIDN'T...VERY INTERESTING...DID YOUR JOURNALISM CAREER STEER YOU OVER THERE? (I JUST REALIZED I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS....OH WELL, TOO LAZY TO GO BACK AND CHANGE THAT.)

and that effected me for a while after coming back to Western Europe and its prosperity. But then I fell back into the same routines and values again eventually (human nature I guess). So maybe every so often it's good to remind ourselves of how relatively lucky we are (just having the money to type on computers like this, or for me to splash out on a Barnstormer jacket). Doesn't mean we can't enjoy these things, but it's good to help in some small ways and gestures, those in less fortunate circumstances.
That's so true...I remember having a similar feeling after returning from a month long trip in the Philippines back '96. I felt very fortunate to have the luxuries I do in the US, but also humbled seeing the poverty. You're definitely right, we need to remind ourselves of how blessed we are because too often we can become calloused to how good things are and shift our focus to ourselves rather than to others around us.

Holly, 'thankyou' for asking about how things are going :) I'll be writing soon.
I'll be looking forward to it.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Minty Pipe...

Yes,my local tobacconist gave me a tin of pipe tobacco to try for him. I am sort of a VIP at my shop, this was new product and he wanted me to try it out. I was sad to say it was not good. I don;t want my cigars or pipes tasting like the mint I can have after.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Well...

Well, this was like a premo type stuff, not the cheap gas station type stuff. He had a customer order some and he ordered extra for the shop, I tried one pipe and was not pleased, but I am sure there is someone out there that would, lol. Also, Paddy I am so glad to hear of your recovery and I admire your great compassion.

ITG said:
Can't say I've ever smoked a pipe, nor do I have the desire...they smell great though!

Awww C'mon! I could see you sitting by the fireplace with one of these on a cold night. Especially the top one. :p

Picture039.jpg

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Keep that Menthol stuff out of my briar! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou