Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I buy this dress?

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
What do y'all think? I like it, but I want to make sure its a good buy before I get it. Does it look vintage? If so, what time would it pass for? Lastly, what kind of shoes to buy to go with!?!

Help ladies and gents!

Picture4.png

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Honestly? Honestly?

The skirt looks a bit like a bistro apron.

I like honesty. Thank you, M. Marc! Also, I make some killer coffee, but wouldn't want you to ask me to make you some on account of my outfit. haha

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
To me it doesn't look vintage, but has a 60's inspired look. I say if you like it and want it, get it... don't base your purchase on the perception of others. ;) If that makes sense. hehehe

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I like the color scheme. B & W is timeless but I don't like the empire waist.
It might not be that the dress it empire waisted, but that the model is making it thusly waisted......that said from experiences..lol

As for shoes, two tones ofxford heels?

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Cute idea Pretty!

Ok, well, I was thinking about not buying it since I may be confused for a waitress and it looks slightly 60s, BUT!

I reloaded the page and not only had it already been on sale but it had dropped an extra $10, which I took for a sign. And then I remembered I had a 30% off code, so I broke down and bought it. When it comes in, I'll pour you a cup of coffee Marc. lol

Oddly enough, that waistline is my best kind of waistline. If I hate it, I'll return. This is the highlight of my study break!

Thanks all!

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
That's just lovely. I'll have to post a picture of it on me. Hopefully I will give it something other than a couple of menus and some coffee. You guys are terrible!

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Actually, Miss Lucy June asked if she should buy it, if it looked vintage and from when, and what shoes. Not what the dress looked like. She wanted to get a good buy and with it on sale, further marked-down and with a discount it is. With a necklace or scarf and wedgie shoes it would look forties.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Empire waists are evil.
I never understood them, glad they went out of style, but dont know why they are back.

The dress itself is alright. The two tone thing is a bit mis leading. I thought it was a skirt, blouse combo. [huh]

Not my cup of tea, but Im sure you could wear the heck out of it.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff