Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I buy this dress?

Elaina

One Too Many
Empire waists are good if you're small busted, although no one will ever tell you that (I've been pulled and fallen out of them before so it's just personal experience), even though this one looks like they've addressed the problems I've had and seen on others. They also help make the body look longer as well as slimming tummies and making hippy women look less so.

The reason they keep coming back? It's a simple and effective way to be a little feminine and hide a multitude of sins on most body types.

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Elaina said:
The reason they keep coming back? It's a simple and effective way to be a little feminine and hide a multitude of sins on most body types.

Exactly.

But really, thank you to all the ladies (and Patrick!) for responding. I feel much better about the purchase. I'll find some accessoires and rock it out :)

anabolina

A-List Customer
I'm so with you Lady Day. Empire waists are evil creatures.
Elaina said:

Hmmm, I'm not particularly big and they don't work on me. Yes I was asked by a stranger when I was due when wearing this cute empire waisted shirt I bought from the Walmart clearance rack. I'm not pregnant, so that was a surprise. There's certainly nothing wrong with expecting and if I were I would wear empire waists all the time and flaunt it, but I'm not and but I don't want to go around looking pregnant. I gave that shirt to my sister who loves anything trendy and is young enough that people probably won't ask when she's due.

Anyway, this is just a rant for the empire waist in general, I don't think it'll be a problem with your dress as it isn't loose over the waist.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
anabolina said:
Anyway, this is just a rant for the empire waist in general, I don't think it'll be a problem with your dress as it isn't loose over the waist.
eNG186.jpg

One of the most famous empire waist depictions....

Okay, back on topic.
Miss Lucy June, Im sure you will rock that little frock well. Wear on, wear on! :eusa_clap

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff