Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

I won't show this to my wife. She prefers to think of him as he was in "Thunder Heart".

Graham Greene really made that movie.

2i89cte.jpg

2lc7big.jpg

5pmrux.jpg

sure looks like it
from study ... as far as I can tell the hatless trend was starting with the college crowd by the 1930s
Yes, that has been my observance too. It really seems to have especially taken root after WW2 when the service men came home and were tired of uniforms and having to always wear a hat. That sentiment was firmly expressed by my father (a Navy veteran) too..........
Regards,
M
Interestingly in his declining years he took to wearing those "veteran" baseball caps.....

This is the controversial photo taken in Nashville, TN in 1880 of workers at a cedar barrel factory. After the bank robbery at Northfield, MN Frank & Jesse James with their wives made their way to Nashville where they lived in disguise for over a yr. While they lived there Jesse's wife Zee gave birth to twin boys who died shortly after.

52b32f340d.jpg

The man 5th from left on the front row is said to be Jesse; Frank is 7th from left on the back row. Other important gang members in what was to play out are Bill Ryan, (4th from left front row with his arm around Jesse), Dick Liddle (4th from left back row; former Confederate guerrilla with Quantrill), & Woodson "Wood" Hite (1st from left back row; along with his brother Clarence the Hites were cousins to the James brothers).

After their return to Missouri it was Bill Ryan's loose talk that brought suspicion upon the gang for the robbery at Blue Cut. It was the killing of Wood Hite by Bob Ford & Dick Liddle that set off Jesse on his final rampage leading to his own death.

Other former gang members pictured are Lorenzo Merriman Little & Andrew Moreman "Mome" Diggs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21