Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their suits

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I vaugely recall seeing them before but I can't remeber the publication. Today, Paul Stuart shoot their ads in a similar fashion. I realy like the style and actually shot nearly my entire wardrobe in the same manner. When I posted some shots here on the FLounge I was told by some senior members that the style was not appreciated and that they prefered that I post shots with me wearing my wardrobe.

I've taken a couple shots of my wardrobe that way, I like how it copies the old menswear catalogues.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i've found these images rather randomly during various google searches, but does anyone know what they were specifically used for or in which publication they appeared ?
I reblogged them on my tumblr once and I think they were tagged Apparel Arts. Aah here they are
http://www.styleforum.net/t/122830/apparel-arts-images-fall-1936-advance-edition

AC.Lyles, I think it's a cool way to display clothes. Please start posting them again.

Nevermind "Hollywood", here are the dropped beltloops...and some other nice details too:
6863322172_11e196c39e_z.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket he has there. Nothing better than those fun 1920s-30s tweedy jackets with patched pockets, belts, pleats and a whole bunch of other features that we do not see today.

Salieri

One of the Regulars
Am I missing something or has it really passed entirely without comment that we're looking at a picture of a man named Kaiser-Titz?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Am I missing something or has it really passed entirely without comment that we're looking at a picture of a man named Kaiser-Titz?

I'd prefer them over Keyser Söze any time... *hint, hint* ;)

Most non-German speakers never realize that Johnny Depp's family name in German means something like schmuck, simpleton, bozo, moron etc.

Last edited:
i've found these images rather randomly during various google searches, but does anyone know what they were specifically used for or in which publication they appeared ?
they all have a very distinct photographic look, so i'm guessing they were ads for fabric or a Savile Row tailor.

okisakatype19998c.jpg

Saville.jpg

saville_1936.jpg

hbk, I'm seeing a strong resemblance here. Obviously there are great differences, but also similarities. I may be seeing things:

AA1-3Pg52-DunhillTailoredClothes.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I vaugely recall seeing them before but I can't remeber the publication. Today, Paul Stuart shoot their ads in a similar fashion. I realy like the style and actually shot nearly my entire wardrobe in the same manner. When I posted some shots here on the FLounge I was told by some senior members that the style was not appreciated and that they prefered that I post shots with me wearing my wardrobe.

I never posted another photo of my stuff again........[huh]

Paul Stuart:

page19.jpg

I really like ensembles posed that way. It keeps the picture compact, and one could use more than one of each article to show different options.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hbk, I'm seeing a strong resemblance here. Obviously there are great differences, but also similarities. I may be seeing things:
Do you mean the jacket or the picture? I think the jackets on the still-lifes have less drape. But it could be becuase the jacket is open and forming more creases and the others are buttoned and ironed.

Not sure this was overlooked? Here are the picture descriptions and a the scans in good quality:Apparel Arts images - Fall 1936 advance edition

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Not sure this was overlooked? Here are the picture descriptions and a the scans in good quality:Apparel Arts images - Fall 1936 advance edition

thanks, i might have guessed they were from Apparel Arts. for some reason i assumed they were British made suits. i suppose they could be, but as AA was an American publication i was thinking they were probably from a UK magazine. i'd still like to know who made the clothes. :eusa_doh:

p.s. love the look of the suede shoes in this one:

Saville.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner