Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm down to my last few days of waiting for my little one to be born. I've cleaned and prepared as much as I can for her arrival, so I decided to do something more productive with my waiting time. I made and donated 18 preemie sized hats to the NICU at the hospital where I will be delivering. They're tiny, precious hats! The smallest ones are sized to fit a head as small as an orange, the biggest a grapefruit.

preemiehats_020410.jpg

I've started another stash of hats... have another six done!

Off to waddle the mall some more to get her to come out..... :rolleyes:

BoPeep

Practically Family
Calling all fellow quilters!

Here's a quilt I made from vintage fabric. I bought a bundle of scraps at the thrift store, enough to make this queen sized quilt. I added a bit more gingham because one can never have too much gingham! Some of the fabrics are 1930s feedsack era while the others have a distinct 50s look. Love the goofy brown with pink and turquoise figures! The block is a variation on the World's Fair pattern.

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg
IMG_2026.jpg
IMG_2022.jpg
IMG_2021.jpg
IMG_2023.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I've donated 38 hats to the NICU at the hospital where Lily was born.... the last batch being handed over the day I went into labor. She spent a little time in the unit, so I can see myself keeping up with this project for a very long time*. The nurses up there were so wonderful in taking care of her.

*Once I'm less sleep deprived.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Babydoll said:
I've donated 38 hats to the NICU at the hospital where Lily was born.... the last batch being handed over the day I went into labor. She spent a little time in the unit, so I can see myself keeping up with this project for a very long time*. The nurses up there were so wonderful in taking care of her.

*Once I'm less sleep deprived.

What a neat thing to do, Babydoll! Congrats again on your new little one!

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face

HannahJane

Familiar Face
Eva Morsikova said:
I made a handmade valentine for my boyfriend with manilla cardboard and a watercolor medium.
I need a little more practice with drawing hands and feet, but other than that I'm very happy about the way it turned out. My boyfriend loved it too.
IMG_5023.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Countessm/IMG_5024.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Countessm/IMG_5028.jpg
It was inspired from this valentine: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Countessm/Bked5YgCGkKGrHqYOKigEsmVcgY7BLukqRM.jpg

This has to be the most adorable thing I've seen in a while! It's lovely.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Eva Morsikova said:
Thankyou, I want to start making more of these little guys as practice for a large art deco style poster for a school fashion show.

Eva,

I just love her facial expression! You definitely conveyed the sentiment along with the cute visual. :eusa_clap

:eek:fftopic: Not sure how you feel about other visuals. I know sometimes they can inspire and sometimes they get so firmly planted in my head that I can't think past them. But...if you haven't already, check out a fella named Erte. He did really cool illustrations...including making the entire alphabet from stylized human forms, as well as numbers. I have a poster in my bedroom, I think it's called "Mask". I noticed Erte didn't get too hung up on hand details so don't be so hard on yourself!

mask.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
All this cold weather has made me productive! I finished another quilt top, this one is called Log Cabin Trails. It has log cabin blocks around the perimeter and Fan blocks in the center. I can't wait to have the quilting done, I'm going to do something custom :)

logcabin002.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
All this cold weather has made me productive! I finished another quilt top, this one is called Log Cabin Trails. It has log cabin blocks around the perimeter and Fan blocks in the center. I can't wait to have the quilting done, I'm going to do something custom :)

logcabin002.jpg

You realize you just made something that 50 years from now, the next generation of FLers will be coveting? :eusa_clap

Can you frame a quilt top? I'd frame it and hang it like art because that is a masterpiece!

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
23SkidooWithYou said:
Eva,

I just love her facial expression! You definitely conveyed the sentiment along with the cute visual. :eusa_clap

:eek:fftopic: Not sure how you feel about other visuals. I know sometimes they can inspire and sometimes they get so firmly planted in my head that I can't think past them. But...if you haven't already, check out a fella named Erte. He did really cool illustrations...including making the entire alphabet from stylized human forms, as well as numbers. I have a poster in my bedroom, I think it's called "Mask". I noticed Erte didn't get too hung up on hand details so don't be so hard on yourself!
I absolutely adore Erte, he makes me want to learn how to do lithographs. <3 My neighbors have an authentic print from him that they pretty much devoted an entire wall to.

Miztorif

New in Town
Kim_B said:
...but I make way too many things and wanted to share with other who might appreciate them! These are two prayer beads I made last night/this morning...

St. Gerard Chaplet, patron Saint of expectant mothers or those wishing to conceive (made for a good friend who is having a lot of trouble getting pregnant):
StGerard.jpg

A Peace Chaplet (made for my Grandmother, I think):
Peace_Chaplet-1.jpg

I don't really subscribe to any particular denomination, but I figure if these little prayer beads can bring some hope and peace to the lives of my loved ones, far be it for me to judge. I loved making them, and think they are so beautiful. I have some awesome jade I'm going to be using for another Peace Chaplet. The nice thing about those, is you can make them and use them for anything - religious offerings or just to meditate. Anyway...that's my craftiness for the weekend.

These are beautiful and its a great thing to make something that inspires peace and hope-

Miztorif

New in Town
my little hats

I hope Im not too foward in posting here. You ladies are so talented. I'm working on being a better seamstress and for now Im crafting. Im going to be making some aprons soon.

Full sized topper made for a burlesque friend.

8223_1180321200692_1608031714_443624_6767131_n.jpg

The Peacock Mini top-Hat
n1608031714_10975_6108.jpg

Blue clip
4986_1113081399739_1608031714_251673_7639114_n.jpg

MMX (cigar box) purse
8223_1180353281494_1608031714_443641_1647460_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters