Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

GOK

One Too Many
There's more!

Dick Whittington 1998. Scenic design by me. I won awards for my sets on this show!

dw4.jpg

dw3.jpg

Backcloth in progress;

dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

(me looking much less than glammy!)

School project (2000) - World Food and Culture. This was the India classroom. I thought the view outside the window worked really well with my painting!

cla1.jpg

This was Africa;

an4.jpg

And I made these to go in the courtyard which could be seen from the window. I also made little 'binoculars', so my pupils could spot the animals outside! (I cut the animals out from hardboard and then painted and varnished them.)

an1.jpg

an2.jpg

an3.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Whoa! GOK! That is amazing! I actually had to do a double-take on the giraffe--it looked so real.

And BTW, love the new photo--you hair looks divine! How do you get such height?

GOK

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
Whoa! GOK! That is amazing! I actually had to do a double-take on the giraffe--it looked so real.

Thank you - I actually think that was the worst one of the lot! But it looks ok from a distance, I guess.

And BTW, love the new photo--you hair looks divine! How do you get such height?

Actually, it's all just piled on top (with a little left trailing down) and secured with a bulldog type clip. My hair is so ridiculously thick that (I think) the height comes naturally. It has its downside too though because I have great difficulty doing anything creative with it! :eusa_doh:

Kim_B

Practically Family
glass susie said:
Wow, some stunning seamstresses there!
This is what I make, the title doesn't specify fabric! ;)

Wow, those are beautiful! I've always loved stained glass...thank you for sharing!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Susie, those are amazing, truly beautiful!
I'm so sad, I own a condo, which means that things like windows are all standard and ordered by the management company. I so wanted to put in beautiful french doors with stained glass to replace the sliders to my deck, but the board of trustees won't allow me to do it, even though I own the place! Argh, I really do love stained glass.

By the way, welcome to the lounge. I hope you'll take some time to introduce yourself in the new member thread!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oooh, I just bought some wool felt to attempt makin some hats. So thats how you do it!

That looks fab! Is that you in the pic? Looking goooood there ;)

LD

G

GoldLeaf

Your hat is too cute! Well done! And your skin is just amazing! I have always loved the gothic look, and you do it beautifully :eusa_clap

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
You and your hat look fabulous!:eusa_clap I'd love to try my hand a millinery, one of these days.
Be sure to post pics of the new one for us too!:D

texasgirl

One Too Many
Winnie the Pooh Quilt

Well, I just had to share this quilt I made for my cousin's little baby girl. It's not exactly vintage material, but what's more classic than Winnie the Pooh! 1926- I looked it up!!! lol

IMG_1438.jpg

hannahquilt1.jpg

hannahquilt3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24