Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Vanessa Anne said:
Hamilton Honey That blanket is amazing!

I'm learning to knit - I'm working on a tea cozy, and I must say I totaly am in awe of that blanket!

Thank you! And good luck on your knitting project. I need to learn to knit, too. I have some great vintage patterns and can't make them, because I only crochet at this point =(

Lady Day: I love how creative you are with scraps and accessories - I love to use my scraps too!

Is that hat from the Vintage Vogue pattern? I love it!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Sock Monkey Quilt

I just finished the top of this quilt for a friend who just had a little boy.

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow, such a cute quilt.

Anabolina, I cannot believe you just started sewing. You are really a natural. :eusa_clap
Fri.Wunder that is a fabulous Art Deco outfit and you look so cute.

Well, I finished with helping my 2 grandaughters sew the backpack for one and purse for the other. I used to sew all the time and took 4 years of it in Homemaking back when we use to have real kitchens, parlors and learned to sew and have a fashion show even. I gave it up when my son was born because something about scissors, needles and babies just didn't mix. lol
Since pulling out my new machine and figuring out how to thread the thing and helping my gbabies and coming here I am getting inspired again.
I have been wanting some yellow dotted swiss curtains like they used to have once upon a time and they seem to be like the Holy Grail. Real dotted swiss isn't even sold anymore. I know as I asked at the fabric store.
Anyway, I cannot figure out how to do a buttonhole on my new cheapie (Brother XL-3022) machine but I think I am going to play.
My one question is the older patterns were made so much better with better paper. Now it is like tissue. Is this the main reason y'all use vintage patterns.?

glamoursurf

New in Town
There sure is some talent floating around in here! I'm a newbie member to Fedora. In my spare time I like to create and sometimes get a bit crafty. Here's my latest project, now I'm looking for another sister case to 'recover'.
-Pam
traincase1.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Well ladies, this isn't really stuff I've MADE, but I wanted to post this and didn't know where else. If this belongs someplace else, please let me know!

I recently bought this parure:
parue_pink_a.jpg

Yesterday, when looking at the bracelet, I noticed traces of gold on the tips of the black stamens in the center of one of the flowers. So last night, I took a gold leafing pen and restored the whole set to what I imagine was its original glory! I'm quite pleased with the result.

pinkflowersnew.jpg

glamoursurf

New in Town
Thanks ladies,
Yes the case is covered in (mostly) vintage labels and lace. I left in inside as it is with mirror in tact. This was my first attempt at recovering a case but I'm pleased with how it turned out. Here's a pic of the top:
traincase2.jpg

Nice job on those transfers Hamilton_honey!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Hamilton Honey-those towels are fabulous! I hope you get big money for them!!!

My daughter's 19th birthday is Friday, and since she is prego, all she wants is baby stuff! She likes tattoo art and things like that, so I embroidered these onesies for her baby (she's having a girl-HOORAY!). I got the transfers at Sublime Stitching: www.sublimestitching.com. It's a great site if you like to do handwork, and the quality of the transfers is super! I am really happy with how these turned out. The ink smeared a bit on the sparrows one, but it washed out beautifully. And I would suggest that if you embroider on fabric like this, use stabilizer-it helps ALOT!

Onesies1.JPG

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
Hamilton Honey-those towels are fabulous! I hope you get big money for them!!!

My daughter's 19th birthday is Friday, and since she is prego, all she wants is baby stuff! She likes tattoo art and things like that, so I embroidered these onesies for her baby (she's having a girl-HOORAY!). I got the transfers at Sublime Stitching: www.sublimestitching.com. It's a great site if you like to do handwork, and the quality of the transfers is super! I am really happy with how these turned out. The ink smeared a bit on the sparrows one, but it washed out beautifully. And I would suggest that if you embroider on fabric like this, use stabilizer-it helps ALOT!

Onesies1.JPG

very cute! i have a couple packs of Sublime Stitchery i got on clearance awhile back, but i haven't done any yet. i need to remedy that!

klara

One of the Regulars
RedHotRidinHood That's so sweet :eusa_clap. I love Jenny Hart's patterns. They are really cute.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Promise me something????/

glamoursurf said:
There sure is some talent floating around in here! I'm a newbie member to Fedora. In my spare time I like to create and sometimes get a bit crafty. Here's my latest project, now I'm looking for another sister case to 'recover'.
-Pam
traincase1.jpg

Glam,

As a collector of vintage luggage, please promise me that you will only recover luggage that is in need of help or is in really bad shape. Unfortunately, the shabby chic craze has gotten out of hand. People are covering good condition leather luggage and it's so sad to me.

I love what you did. It looks really great.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Grnidwitch said:
As a collector of vintage luggage, please promise me that you will only recover luggage that is in need of help or is in really bad shape. Unfortunately, the shabby chic craze has gotten out of hand. People are covering good condition leather luggage and it's so sad to me.

I feel the same way about chenille. I lost an auction on ebay for a gorgeous chenille bedspread and several weeks later, saw that it had been cut up and made into pillows. This is all over ebay and makes me so sad that pristine, vintage chenille is being cut up, when there are so many damaged/cutter chenilles being sold :(

glamoursurf

New in Town
Grnidwitch said:
Glam,

I love what you did. It looks really great.

Yes, the case was in pretty bad shape externally, which is why it needed a facelift. Thanks for the compliment.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I actually made something!

So, to get us back on topic...

Its not super nifty...but I was very bored and unhappy with how 'hospital-y' my bedframe looked.

beforebed.jpg

Not very pretty or feminine, but its what I have.

So I made it a slipcover, just like a chair!

bedafter.jpg

This was fabric I had on hand, so it might not remain this fabric forever...but its much prettier now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran