Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
A few days ago I decided that I wanted a leather journal, but after looking at the prices :)eek:) on some of them I knew the only option was to make it myself. I used a worn-out leather jacket from a thrift store and a lot of my dad's copy paper.
Image98.jpg

Image100.jpg

Image110.jpg

katylouise

New in Town
GwenLake - That is gorgeous! Great job!

Everyone had probably seen my various posts about my best friends wedding coming up (wardrobe crisis!) - and like all weddings, even if it's not your own, somehow it ends up sucking you into a vortex of appointments, stress and nylon tulle. The bride, my best friend, is keeping it very simple. Jewelry-wise, she wanted something clean, classic and silver. Nothing expensive - fine jewelry was out. But all we could find was either too expensive or too CHEAP (think plastic, base metals, tackkkky). So she somehow roped me into making her wedding jewelry, which admittedly I was only too happy to do because A) she's my best friend and B) she has a habit lately of turning into Bridezilla. So out of fear of my life, I produced this (to her exact specifications, OF COURSE lol):

weddingjewelry.jpg

All sterling silver chain & findings and Swarovski crystals in Aurora Borealis. I think it turned out very elegant if I do say so myself (here's hoping she likes it!! :eek:)

:)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Here's what I made this weekend...

I finally finished the interior on my 53 ford. Just in time to sell it! lol Okay I have a couple of car shows to go to then it really must go. :(

1465396622_39a4e8e6ce.jpg

shebagrl

Familiar Face
Crocheted Hot Water Bottle Cover

hot_water_bottle.jpg

Just last week I finished this hot water bottle cover. It's crocheted with double crochets and singles, making a checker board pattern. I finished it off with a scalloped edge at the top and a sc drawstring with circular bits at the ends for fun (and so I don't lose the string :) )

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
MaryDeluxe said:
I finally finished the interior on my 53 ford. Just in time to sell it! lol Okay I have a couple of car shows to go to then it really must go. :(

Impressive MaryDeluxe! I love your fabric choice too.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
MaryDeluxe said:

Love the fabric choice tooo. I bet that fabric was easier to work with than vynal.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Hotrod elf... It had stretch to it so it was much easier to pull. My lines a little off on the passenger front seat but by the end of today I was like ....I don't care I just want it done!!! :rage: This is the first time I did a full car interior so in general I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. :)

leaette

A-List Customer
shebagrl said:
hot_water_bottle.jpg

Just last week I finished this hot water bottle cover. It's crocheted with double crochets and singles, making a checker board pattern. I finished it off with a scalloped edge at the top and a sc drawstring with circular bits at the ends for fun (and so I don't lose the string :) )

oh how pretty! did you make up the pattern? what other things do you crochet? i'm working on a few xmas afghans for my sisters. i just got my new issue of "crochet today" today and there is a fantastic vintagey looking hood/scarf. i think i may make that for winter for myself.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
couch1.jpg

This afternoon I spent on a project Ive been meaning to do for some time. Cushion covers for my couch. Its a 50s love seat, and I LOVE it. Ive had it for about 6 years, but the great atomic like print of the cushions never was very dog friendly, so I got some canvis and made covers for each cushion. I put a metal zipper in the back (Hid by a flap of fabric) so I can just pull them off for a washing.

I do need to have the original upolstery cleaned, but until then this will have to do.

And the reason for the covers, my Georgia :)

couch2.jpg

LD

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
It's been a long while in coming, but here is the box purse I decoupaged...

boxpurse.jpg

And here is an orchid hair clip which I have been enjoying all summer...

orchid.jpg

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Ah Georgia is sweet! The cushions look great, nice job. I've always had trouble lining up cushions like those, I don't know why, probably because I rush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters