Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day, the loveseat looks great!

Is Georgia a sap? Looks like the kind of dog that would be. So adorable - I just want to squish her cute little face. Awwwww!

shebagrl

Familiar Face
leaette said:
oh how pretty! did you make up the pattern? what other things do you crochet? i'm working on a few xmas afghans for my sisters. i just got my new issue of "crochet today" today and there is a fantastic vintagey looking hood/scarf. i think i may make that for winter for myself.

Hi Leaette! Yep, I sort of winged it, having pulled the main section pattern from a tea towel pattern, then finding a cute scalloped edge pattern and making it work for the piece. If you want, I will PM you what I have pattern-wise to make the water bottle cover. It's not much, but its all yours if you are interested!

I don't have much spare time right now to crochet because of classes, but I am working on a granny squares afgan currently. I just finished the cutest tiny red winter stocking cap too, to fit a baby. I really wish I were better, but I'll get there eventually!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
I finally finished the interior on my 53 ford. Just in time to sell it! lol Okay I have a couple of car shows to go to then it really must go. :(

1465396622_39a4e8e6ce.jpg

This made me weak in the knees! So utterly gorgeous! How did you do it? Do you have a background in upholstery?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks for the compliments all. I was thinking of the dress and how I needed a garment bag for it.

Well, I was told a fabric garment bag was ideal for clothes, but man are they pricy. So, Inspired by the make due and mend thread ( and cause Im cheap) I got som metal zipper yardage from the place I intern, picked up some basic white fabric from my fabric store, and used all the scraps that were too small for anything else to make my own garment bags!

storagebag3.jpg
storagebag1.jpg

I was bord and added piping and stuff :eek: Kinda went a bit overboard on it, but this is one of about 10 Im gonna make soon, I hope. They all look different cause I just grabbed whatever scrap I could find. Even the loop on the bottom is scrap.

storagebag2.jpg

So now I have room to buy new fabric :D

LD

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Thanks for the compliments all. I was thinking of the dress and how I needed a garment bag for it.

storagebag3.jpg
storagebag1.jpg

I was bord and added piping and stuff :eek: Kinda went a bit overboard on it, but this is one of about 10 Im gonna make soon, I hope. They all look different cause I just grabbed whatever scrap I could find. Even the loop on the bottom is scrap.

storagebag2.jpg

LD

This is genius. Really.

Well done! And so clever too.

Lady Day said:

Well, I was told a fabric garment bag was ideal for clothes, but man are they pricy. So, Inspired by the make due and mend thread ( and cause Im cheap) I got som metal zipper yardage from the place I intern, picked up some basic white fabric from my fabric store, and used all the scraps that were too small for anything else to make my own garment bags!

storagebag3.jpg
storagebag1.jpg

storagebag2.jpg

LD

Great job LD! You always make such cute practical stuff! Garment bags are expensive and they aren't always long enough for things like gowns.

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Thanks for the compliments all. I was thinking of the dress and how I needed a garment bag for it...

that looks great! I have to admit zippers aren't my "thing", I wonder if pieces of Velcro, spaced like buttons, would work...

ShortClara

One Too Many
Josephine said:
that looks great! I have to admit zippers aren't my "thing", I wonder if pieces of Velcro, spaced like buttons, would work...

Ooh be careful with that! I'd hate for something lovely to catch on velcro and get a nasty rubbed/ pulled spot on it whilst being put in our brought out of a bag. Buttons are a better option I think.

Josephine

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
Ooh be careful with that! I'd hate for something lovely to catch on velcro and get a nasty rubbed/ pulled spot on it whilst being put in our brought out of a bag. Buttons are a better option I think.

Buttons = button holes! I guess I can do a zipper... :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Josephine said:

I'm never happy with velcro. I'd recommend sew-in snap tape!

Snookie

Practically Family
Josephine said:

A garment bag would be a great way to practice applying zippers--no one really sees it but you...

Josephine

One Too Many
Snookie said:
A garment bag would be a great way to practice applying zippers--no one really sees it but you...

That's true, and by the time it's handed down, I'll be dead, and it won't matter what anyone says about me then! lol

Kim_B

Practically Family
Here is an autumn wreath I made for our front door (excuse the poor picture quality!)

IMG_3660.jpg

And here are our pumpkins for this year...I decided to go the Funkins route because I hated the mess real pumpkins made...turns out Funkins are just as messy!

Halloween2007_2.jpg

Halloween2007_1.jpg

2007_1.jpg

2007_2.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
An oven mitt! There is another in the works, but my machine decided to have technical difficulties (as mentioned in the Sewing Lessons & FAQ thread)

OvenMitt_2.jpg

and the other side...
OvenMitt_1.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Kim_B said:
An oven mitt! There is another in the works, but my machine decided to have technical difficulties (as mentioned in the Sewing Lessons & FAQ thread)

OvenMitt_2.jpg

and the other side...
OvenMitt_1.jpg

How sweet,
lovely colour

a shame you cannot make the other one because of your machine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum