Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here are some keychains I made recently out of dominos for my Etsy store! I have a lot more designs that I use too. I also make domino bracelets.

domino-atomic.jpg

domino-tiki.jpg

atomicred.jpg

I make record bowls too. Most of them are made from damaged 40s and 50s swing or rock records. This one was made from the record "Straight From Dixie" by Pee Wee Hunt and His Orchestra(1950).

recordbowl.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Here are some keychains I made recently out of dominos for my Etsy store! I have a lot more designs that I use too. I also make domino bracelets.

domino-atomic.jpg

domino-tiki.jpg

atomicred.jpg

I make record bowls too. Most of them are made from damaged 40s and 50s swing or rock records. This one was made from the record "Straight From Dixie" by Pee Wee Hunt and His Orchestra(1950).

recordbowl.jpg

I love those record bowls!! A friend of mine made one for me, one Christmas, it's by far one of my favorite things I own! And Kitty, those domino key chains are RAD!! I have got to check out your Etsy store!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scarlett said:
Beautiful dress Goldwyn girl and you look amazing in it. This thread has inspired me to start sewing again. I haven't attempted anything since my
1st & last corset, which came out beautiful, but was just a little difficult. ;)

KittyT - I love the domino keychains and would love to see the bracelets. I'm kinda new here, do you have a store?

Audrey Horne said:
Goldwyn girl, it's gorgeous! You look great :)

KittyT, what's your store called? Those keychains are really cute!

I think Kitty posted it in the classifieds, but it's Kitty's Curios on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5101837

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Not clothing, but I decided to get crafty and put some of my vintage photo collection to good use. I used photographs from a single family album from the 1960's to make blank greeting cards. Here's one of my favorites:

il_fullxfull.16140972.jpg

I'm selling them at my Etsy shop if you're interested!: http://rustleofswing.etsy.com

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I make Christmas presents every year. Past years have included fudge (4 different kinds), and jelly (5 different kinds). This year, I decided to use my new sewing machine, and an old pattern that my Mom made up back in the 70s for a quilted potholder. Here are my favorites.

Teapots for my sister that collects them:

S5001465.jpg

Beach side toys for Mom:

S5001466.jpg

Ladybugs for my sister-in-law:

S5001472.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
Here's one of the 3 quilts I made for Christmas gifts. This one was for my mother in law, and my husband claims it's a masterpiece-lol. I don't know about that, but I think it came out pretty good.

untitled-4.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:

Wow! The floral vine along the border looks like the ones on the Baltimore Album Quilts, so pretty! How long did it take you to make the whole thing?

I'm so behind in commenting on this thread but it's not for lack of admiration of the things folks have made--everything is wonderful; we've got a lot of talent in this community.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Good eye imoldfashioned! The quilt is called the "Trip Around Baltimore" and it's a combination of a Baltimore Album Quilt and the Trip Around the World pattern. I started it in the summer, so it took a few months. The quilt is based on fabrics and applique from the Baltimore Museum of Art's premier 1840s Baltimore Album quilt, the Samuel Williams quilt.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Texasgirl, beautiful work. You know....the AQS Quilt show and competition is coming up...I just received my entryforms and contest rules, I think the deadlines are in a couple of months....you should think about entering one of your quilts into the show. I'm actually going to enter one in this year I think...If you want the show/competition info, lmk.

PS

A-List Customer
Still plugging away at learning to sew, I came across a way to turn old t shirts into shopping bags. It was pretty fun. DH said he won't carry one but I am more than welcome to. Down with the plastic bag!

6p8mjb9.jpg
[/IMG]

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
PS said:
Still plugging away at learning to sew, I came across a way to turn old t shirts into shopping bags. It was pretty fun. DH said he won't carry one but I am more than welcome to. Down with the plastic bag!

6p8mjb9.jpg
[/IMG]
So cute! And useful too :) Looks like you're doing great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou