Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your broken in aero steer or fqhh jacket!

wild_balls

Practically Family
Regarding the last weeks talk about the AERO steer or horse question, I thought we could show some pictures of the broken in AERO jackets in the different hides, if you know what hide you got!!!

Cheers Joakim

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
DSC02583.JPG

DSC02586.JPG

DSC02587.JPG

DSC02589.JPG

My old Steerhide - went to a new home

Graemsay

Practically Family
Cordovan FQHH (at least, I think it is :)) Cossack, currently emigrating to another forum member.

Cossack Front.jpg

Cossack Back.jpg

Cossack Belt.jpg

Aero Hercules in black FQHH. Sorry about the image quality, but they're mobile phone photos.

Hercules%20Front.jpg

Hercules%20Back.jpg

Hercules%20Pocket.jpg

Graemsay

Practically Family
I'm assuming that you're talking about the green, quilted lining in the Hercules.

Aero used to offer it as standard in the Hercules. They bought offcuts of a heavy satin or rayon, I can't remember which.

I really like it, as I normally put holes in linings in a very short order. I've destroyed Alpaca in a year or two, so tend to avoid that, and have even got couple of small ones in the brown cotton drill in the Cossack. The Hercules has survived six or seven years of abuse with little more than thinning by the waist straps.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Sorry, I did mean the Hercules. I'm planning on ordering one in Steerhide soon. Yours looks great, thanks for the info!

Graemsay

Practically Family
Sorry, I did mean the Hercules. I'm planning on ordering one in Steerhide soon. Yours looks great, thanks for the info!

I don't know if Aero still offer the quilted lining. Also be aware that it's a bit thicker than something like cotton drill, so allow for a bit extra size to accommodate it.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Thanks Graemsay. I've got a FQHH Highwayman with a thick tartan wool blanket lining in a 48" chest and it's more or less spot on. I usually take a 46" chest suit jacket these days (48" when I ordered the Highwayman) as I've lost some weight, and the Highwayman fits a lot better now! I'm just waiting for Aero to get back to me on advice on sizing for this one though.

My GF just got a tiny Apprentice made Steerhide highwayman today in an antiqued brown, we'll post pictures once she's worn it in (providing it fits!). It's actually sitting here in it's box, waiting for her to get home from work. It's driving me crazy, looking at the box!

M.

Graemsay

Practically Family
MJCR, glad to help.

Aren't you in London these days? John Simons on Chiltern Street (W1) used to stock Aero, and it wouldn't hurt to drop in and get a better idea of sizes.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
I do a couple of days a week in London, but I'm based just north of Manchester. Sadly, my other half's jacket was to big for her, so it's got to go back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy