Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I don't think so V.C. It is too small, it seems rather to civilian gun, caliber 6.35 (some kind of British Bulldog maybe). For comparison with cartridge 7.65 x17:
DSCN2011.jpg

DSCN2012.jpg

DSCN2015.jpg

I agree with you. It is hard to tell with all the rust, but that "birdshead grip" does remind me of the Webleys. Maybe a Number 2 Bulldog pattern. They had a short 2-3" barrel designed as pocket cary weapons. They were chambered in .320, .380, .450,.455, and .476.

Kirk H.

Last edited:

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I've seen stuff almost as bad turned in to a gun buyback...

Seriously, I'm thinking the relic in question is Belgian. Small calibre, folding trigger, it's the kind of thing they made by the bucket load.

M

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Yep, you're probably right, but still not sure what does that pin near trigger (visible on 2nd photo) do.
If you are referring to that piece of metal under the hammer, that would have been the spring. or the part behind the cylinder and above the trigger would have been for the loading gate.

Last edited:

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Rather it is by acid rain, since those are forest finds, Slovak colleagues have cleaner air and often better
condition of finds. On the other hand, it was in permanently wet soil over seventy years, one can not expect miracles..

twaits

New in Town
Extreme snubnose Police Positive Special

Hi all. I'm new here but this forum seems right up my alley. I couldn't find any introduction threads anywhere so I will do it here.
I've always felt like I grew up in the wrong era. My ideal would be 1920-1959 and if there is such thing as reincarnation I lived somewhere within that time frame.
Is there a probationary period here before you can add an avatar? I tried to but it doesn't seem to let me.
Anyway, here's a Police Positive Special from 1915 before and after. I bought it for $175 bucks from gunbroker. Then I cut it down and spent hours polishing it then had it plated:

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

It would now fit perfectly in the vest pocket of a pre-war suit in perfect condition

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Hi all. I'm new here but this forum seems right up my alley. I couldn't find any introduction threads anywhere so I will do it here.
I've always felt like I grew up in the wrong era. My ideal would be 1920-1959 and if there is such thing as reincarnation I lived somewhere within that time frame.
Is there a probationary period here before you can add an avatar? I tried to but it doesn't seem to let me.
Anyway, here's a Police Positive Special from 1915 before and after. I bought it for $175 bucks from gunbroker. Then I cut it down and spent hours polishing it then had it plated:
IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

It would now fit perfectly in the vest pocket of a pre-war suit in perfect condition
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge! That's a great gun! (in either "format") ;) {Although I personally prefer at least a 2in bbl, even better a 4"}
Looks similar to one I saw on gunbroker that I posted in the Vintage Concealed Carry thread:
gunSWLemonsqueezer1.jpg

There isn't exactly a "probationary time", it's just a certain number of posts... I was confused a bit as well when I first started posting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80