Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

SurfGent

Suspended
Royal-Over-and-Under-Shotgun.jpg

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I once had the opportunity to take a day's lesson at the H&H shooting grounds north of London. It left me with a profound respect for the coaches and an honest affection for the company, even if their product is far beyond my means.

SurfGent

Suspended
So I have 3 of these. It's a Czechoslovakian copy of the Mauser action John Rigby 416 big game rifle. I have it 375 H&H , 416 Rigby , and 505 Gibbs. Notice the European humpback stock comb , Mauser claw extractor, express sights. Really nice features. And hears one of my projectiles next to a 357 mag cartridge

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I used a Brno ZKK square bridge magnum action in (and this is silly!) .458 Win to build the first .450 Rigby Rimless on the west coast. You want something for dinosaur and small armored cars? Dat's der bunny! Though I must admit, I consider the .505 Gibbs to be the king of Class III dangerous game calibers. If I were ten years younger in my current economic state I would be going back to Africa annually and that would be my caliber of choice. Now, old fart that I be, the .404 Jeffrey is what I'll take, again.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Victory%20MampP_zpsaa609gba.jpg

This is a S&W M&P. Some history on this revolver. Based on the serial number and Smith it was made in December of 1941 ( I would love to get the exact date) It was sent to England chambered in the 38/200. You can see the British proof marks on the frame by the barrel. S&W didn't start using the V prefix until March of 1942 for the victory model. Sometime after the war a whole bunch of them were imported back into the states. They were rechambered for the 38 special, with a good deal of them also having there barrels cut down to 2.5- 2.75 inches. They were then sold by the boatload through mail order catalogs until the gun control act of 1968 came along. Sometimes you see these listed on Gunbroker and other sites as early model K-frame snubs. S&W introduced the 2" version of the M&P in 1934 and even then they had the short ejector rod and front lockup under the barrel. The grips that came on this one were aftermarket plastic grips that looked like stag grips and were in bad shape. It came from a police property room and was sold to a local police supply, where I picked it up for a song. It needed a thorough cleaning and scrubbing and I am still working on it.
Below are some photos of others that I have found while searching the web
MP_Victory_Model_38_350_zpsvgx9o6c0.jpg

3953877_01_smith_and_wesson_victory_model_640_zpssu5nwwxd.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
I used a Brno ZKK square bridge magnum action in (and this is silly!) .458 Win to build the first .450 Rigby Rimless on the west coast. You want something for dinosaur and small armored cars? Dat's der bunny! Though I must admit, I consider the .505 Gibbs to be the king of Class III dangerous game calibers. If I were ten years younger in my current economic state I would be going back to Africa annually and that would be my caliber of choice. Now, old fart that I be, the .404 Jeffrey is what I'll take, again.
Ahh yes oldsarg ! The Jeffrey rounds are classic. So what ever happened to this rifle the 450 Rigby rimless. I bet she was a beauty! I'm only 35 I dream of rifles like this. Being younger I was born to late so to speak with respect to alot of classic guns. Do you have any pictures you can share with us ?

SurfGent

Suspended
How about the days when you could walk in to Sears and buy a JC Higgins Belgian Mauser built on FN actions for 94$

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Actually the .450 needs restocking. All I did was file and sand down the hogback stock for the conversion and though it's marvelously functional, the old girl is a bit on the homely side. It's one of three 'African' rifles I own and since I haven't been to Africa in some years :( I really haven't gotten around to refurbishing any of them. That could change this year. Once the Big Killer is redone will I take it back? There's much to be said for the fact that a cartridge of that power knocks buffalo DOWN. And since the last Mbogo I shot nearly returned the favor the comfort of having that much power in your sweaty paws when things get hairy is appealing. Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy