Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so she arrived. I over did it in the 22LR department. With the Henry for my lever action, Ruger 10-22 for my automatic, I wanted a bolt action. I looked at the Marlin xt22 and the Savage mark series. But there cheap rifles with problems reported all over. So I spent a couple of bucks. There's a lux model above this but it's just a little bit nicer wood and the stock is humpbacked on the comb. Which isn't really good for optics. So this will be the only 22 bolt action I'll ever need. She's a CZ 455 American model with CZ 11mm dovetail rings and a vintage Japanese Tasco in 22LR.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I walked into one of my regular gun shops yesterday and the guy looks over and says "I have something you will like" an ATI 1911 .45 used, but looks unfired for $299. I do NOT need another 1911.........I pick it up Monday if they are open........

SurfGent

Suspended
I walked into one of my regular gun shops yesterday and the guy looks over and says "I have something you will like" an ATI 1911 .45 used, but looks unfired for $299. I do NOT need another 1911.........I pick it up Monday if they are open........
Actually deacon. I think you do need another 1911 :)

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so I had a vision of a new build last week in the middle of another build I'm doing. That got diverted to this idea. It all came from a movie I was watching. Public Enemies with Johnny Depp playing John Dillinger and Christian Bale playing Melvin Purvis. I'm sure Old Sarge will chime in hear :) So the movie is great cause it's got everything for the Fadora Loungers, well some of or most of us. Anyway Melvin Purvis is chasing down Pretty boy Floyd and wearing some really cool clothes wielding a Mauser Sporter with a double set trigger and butter knife turned down bolt knob 1/2 stocked and express sights. Now this style has kinda always floated around in my subconscious. There fairly uncommon today and even old hunters and shooters aren't really making it the topic of discussion down at the local gun shop or range. Cause we are talking pre glass / scopes. Yes there was scopes but not prevalent on 99% of hunting rifles like later on in the century. Ok so I'm going to do a rather large multi post on this and site from articles I read about this subject. I found a few shooters aware of them and a few articles done on these guns and I'll post what I'm doing and the plans for the next one. So enjoy :)

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so hears the part of the movie I'm talking about
ZrbehNEl.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so some of you know I've been refurbishing quite a few Mauser's lately. If fact I laid off posting cause it's been kinda the same ole same ole from your guy's point of view. Pics kinda look the same. So with this German service rifle, sporterized I decided to change the sights and direction of finishing of the wood and over all style

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so I'm going to finish this rifle this way. With a nice brown leather sling and a nice Stetson Fadora I'll be right out of the movie. So hears some I pulled off the internet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff