Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

RJR

G-S&W Gunsite 1.JPG

S&W Gunsite .45,alloy frame.

jkingrph

Practically Family
Love it. I wish I could dress down now. "Turtle Suit Shell" and Kevlar helmet are very hot. Thanks for the well wishes.

Kirk
I can imagine. I got back in USAF reserve after ten years active stint and 10 years active. Even during Vietnam era we never had any chem/biological warfare training. That was the first thing after going active reserve. That MOPP gear. chem warfare suit, over regular uniform was not only hot but heavy, especially with gas mask and helmet, then later we got Kevlar helmets and those things are really heavy. In a medical unit we were supposed to be able to care for any casualtities, but the unwritten rule while in that gear was take care of yourself and fellow medics first, hospital or aid station second and casualtities last, the feeling being if you or the hospital were down then no one could care for incoming casualtities. Hot weather in that gear, especially in Louisiana was brutal, 20-30 minutes outside in that gear and you would be sweating so much to the point of dehydration if not careful

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
We did MOPP training at Ft. Irwin, out by Las Vegas. It was a disaster. I got so hot and claustrophobic I tore it off screaming, "I'd rather be dead!"
Try the old Fire Proximity Suits, the silver asbestos rigs for fighting aircraft fires. Even on a 50F day you would be drenched in minutes!

tmal

One of the Regulars
.Once again I am searching for the obsolete and nearly forgotten. I need Leupold adjusto-mounts, with or without rings, one or two piece base,any model rifle. Also, Buehler micro-dial mount and rings. Rings are to be 1 inch. is Any mount is ok. I need sources to buy this stuff. Found ebay and gunbroker, but hope that some here knows a site that specializes in this old stuff. We thank you for your support.

SurfGent

Suspended
.Once again I am searching for the obsolete and nearly forgotten. I need Leupold adjusto-mounts, with or without rings, one or two piece base,any model rifle. Also, Buehler micro-dial mount and rings. Rings are to be 1 inch. is Any mount is ok. I need sources to buy this stuff. Found ebay and gunbroker, but hope that some here knows a site that specializes in this old stuff. We thank you for your support.
There's to many places to list. I've never not been able to find anything I needed by Google search and looking through the pages not just the 1st few pages but 10-20 pages deep

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Call Numrich direct and talk to an old-timer. They have so much stuff that still isn't cataloged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner