Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Doublegun

Practically Family
Rumblefish,

That 52 is spectacular. I love the double-set trigger.

DG

rumblefish said:
The MS below was my fathers, a 56 in .243 Win. I believe this model was the last from MS before the MCA came out. My father had Griffin & Howe install their side scope mount with dove tail mounts instead of rings to accommodate the Hensolt Wetzlar Diavari 1.5-6 scope he bought for it. This rifle does have the double set triggers. The 56 is distinguished from the 52 by the high comb and no blueing on the the bolt handle.
DSC00870.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
Doublegun said:
And something a little more befitting the FL. This is an early Griffin & Howe custom rifle built on a Springfield action and chambered in 7mm Mauser. The Lyman 48 peep sight is remarkably accurate even with my aging eyes:

GH7mm.jpg

GH7mm2.jpg

I LOVE that G&H - what a beauty!! I've got a circa 1918-1920 Gibbs made Mauser in 318 Westley Richards caliber that has the same old patina.

Gibbs_318_WR_1.jpg

Gibbs_318_4.jpg

Gibbs_318_12.jpg

Gibbs_318_11.jpg

anon`

One Too Many
WH1 said:
I had a 6.5x54 with the double set triggers many years ago and have always regretted letting it go. I purchased it from a very nice little old lady who's husband had captured it during World War II.
The civvie 1903, like so, or its military cousin?

Either way they're beautiful works of art, aren't they?

anon`

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
You had to post this, and remind me how badly I want one.;)
It's my attempt to help you! By posting this, and thus reminding your how badly you want one, I help keep you focused on that goal so you're more likely to stick to it! :D

(It was also a convenient excuse to take a better pic of it, and the Colt needed a little love as well.)

rumblefish

One Too Many
Every Mannlicher Schoenauer I've ever handled, boasted the smoothest, most crisp actions. When the bolt is being closed, it get's to about two thirds of the way and finishes closing by itself. When the bolt comes to a stop, you can feel the stock ring.

anon`

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
Every Mannlicher Schoenauer I've ever handled, boasted the smoothest, most crisp actions. When the bolt is being closed, it get's to about two thirds of the way and finishes closing by itself. When the bolt comes to a stop, you can feel the stock ring.
Ain't that the truth! There might be a finer firearm out there, but I sure as heck wouldn't know where to find it.

WH1

Practically Family
anon` said:
The civvie 1903, like so, or its military cousin?

Either way they're beautiful works of art, aren't they?

Yes that is it and I wish like the devil I still had it. :mad: lol Guess I will have to just track another one down. Of course I may have to race RumbleFish for it lol

I just purchased a Springfield 1911A1 GI standard yesterday and a Burris 332 scope so I may have to hold off for a while to keep peace in the house.:D

anon`

One Too Many
WH1 said:
Yes that is it and I wish like the devil I still had it. :mad: lol Guess I will have to just track another one down. Of course I may have to race RumbleFish for it lol

I just purchased a Springfield 1911A1 GI standard yesterday and a Burris 332 scope so I may have to hold off for a while to keep peace in the house.:D
An excellent choice! I love my Springer to death, crappy GI sights and all :)

WH1

Practically Family
I have always been fond of the 45 ACP and the 1911 was my first service pistol back in the early 80's. It was high on my wish list and I got an extremely good deal on this one. I am going to put some rounds through it this weekend and my new Fausti SxS 20 gauge as well.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
My AR. The modernized weapon of the longest serving US military service rifle in history. Daniel Defense. Cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel 16" 1/7 twist.

a 16" 1/7 twist? Usual 16" is 1/8; 1/9? Been awhile. Nice. Very nice. :)

warbird

One Too Many
Harp said:
a 16" 1/7 twist? Usual 16" is 1/8; 1/9? Been awhile. Nice. Very nice. :)

Typical is 1/9. Some companies have a 1/8. The 1/7 is a higher end barrel, used by the top of the line AR Manufacturers. It allows for the shooting of a heavier projectile, 70+ grains. Several companies offer both a 1/9 barrel and a 1/7 barrel. For people who never shoot a heavier bullet it might not be a big deal. However for me the other features of the rifles I was deciding when I bought mine all had 1/7 barrels. AR's are not created equal. There are a lot of plinkers out there, but I need something that I can depend on to run and run. There are a ton of tell tale signs if you know what to look for.

Some really nice rifles over the last couple of days. I especially like the MS rifles. They have always been among my favorites. I need to take a few pics of my mil rifles together, 1903, Garand, M14, AR.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
AR's are not created equal...
I need something that I can depend on to run and run.
I need to take a few pics of my mil rifles together, 1903, Garand, M14, AR.

Amen. The quadrail handguard improvement alone makes me wistful...
Springfields saw service in Vietnam; always wanted to get my paws on
the '03; likewise the M1--spent some time as an advisor with the Greek Army
and the Garand was standard issue there. Finest rifle in the world IMHO.
I wanted to take the M14 to Kuwait, best rifle for target and terrain.
Use a scope w/M14? Please post a few pixs---and if you learn of a loose '03
in serviceable condition, give a yell. ;)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Harp said:
likewise the M1--spent some time as an advisor with the Greek Army and the Garand was standard issue there. Finest rifle in the world IMHO.

RM1SAF M1 Garand, SA Field Grade
Please allow 60 days for delivery
*See below for grade description $495

Sales program
http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

Home page - poke around for the prerequisites and check for whatever waivers apply to your background.
http://www.odcmp.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80