Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Guess I may as well post a few.

From top to bottom:

Colt Cowboy SAA
Uberti SAA Sheriff's Model
Pair of Uberti 1860 Armies(warning: black powder can be very habit forming!)

015.jpg

032.jpg

016.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Need Advise...

I hope someone here can shed some light. I've been looking into buying an airsoft bb revolver. My research has left me stumped as to how the heck someone like me, living in NYC, can buy one?
When I was a kid my grandpa, back in south America used to take me shooting at bottles or cans with his real gun. I always loved it and have wanted to do that again with one of this non-lethal guns. Any advise super appreciated.
Thanks-

Aureliano said:
I hope someone here can shed some light. I've been looking into buying an airsoft bb revolver. My research has left me stumped as to how the heck someone like me, living in NYC, can buy one?
When I was a kid my grandpa, back in south America used to take me shooting at bottles or cans with his real gun. I always loved it and have wanted to do that again with one of this non-lethal guns. Any advise super appreciated. Thanks-

The first question is: if you cannot buy a BB gun in NYC, can you posess one legally?

If you can own one then you may have to travel to a less regulated area in the North East. If you have someone buy one for you that is called a Strawman Purchase which is strongly looked down upon by most in law enforcement and society. The other suggestion is move, Nevada is a great place for gun owners.

Chainsaw

Suspended
If your in the states buddy, check out walmart, no? There's a good game on Playstation called "timecrisis" PS 1. Check it out, you'll probably like that better than the air soft.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Chainsaw said:
If your in the states buddy, check out walmart, no? There's a good game on Playstation called "timecrisis" PS 1. Check it out, you'll probably like that better than the air soft.

Not the same.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
The first question is: if you cannot buy a BB gun in NYC, can you poses one legally?

If you can own one then you may have to travel to a less regulated area in the North East. If you have someone buy one for you that is called a Strawman Purchase which is strongly looked down upon by most in law enforcement and society. The other suggestion is move, Nevada is a great place for gun owners.

Interesting question. There's a shop in long island that I'm gonna call tomorrow. Maybe it's just for the the main boroughs.[huh]
Nevada is too far for me. I'll be moving to queens soon though lol :p

Feraud

Bartender
Aureliano said:
When I was a kid my grandpa, back in south America used to take me shooting at bottles or cans with his real gun. I always loved it and have wanted to do that again with one of this non-lethal guns. Any advise super appreciated.
Thanks-
Drive out to Long Island and buy it.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I have to say it

Aureliano said:
Thanks-

But, you'll put your eye out!
4461481992_4797721bf6.jpg

4461876192_9549250956.jpg

935802734_174dde1b4f.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good call on checking with a "local" shop. They'll know the ins and outs.

IIRC NYC has regulations on all sorts of things firearm related, even air guns and toys, beyond even NY state law.

At least for a few more months... Mwa-ha, mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha... ;)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Good call on checking with a "local" shop. They'll know the ins and outs.

IIRC NYC has regulations on all sorts of things firearm related, even air guns and toys, beyond even NY state law.

At least for a few more months... Mwa-ha, mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha... ;)

I checked with them, you can't have an air gun/CO2 in NYC. Against the law. They told me it'd be WAY easier to get a real gun with permit and all than one of these toys. Oh well [huh] Not the end of the world, I guess. I'd be one of those things that you want but can't have.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Everyone,
You have some very nice collections and thank you for sharing them with other members; however, in keeping with the theme of The Fedora Lounge let's try to stick to those items relevant to the Golden Era. Since so much exploration and other outdoorsy pursuits occurred during the early 1900s, flexibility will be granted to extend coverage to this time. But we should leave the modern stuff, the medieval stuff, etc. to other online forums where they are more appropriate. Thank you for helping to keep The Fedora Lounge a fun place to discuss and learn about 1930s-40s vintage and vintage-inspired subjects.
Respectfully,
Mike K. :)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Bargun3-1.jpg

Bargun2.jpg

Just to be totally retro : a 10 bore hammer F. Williams double bar/messenger/stage gun, very similar if not identical to a Bonehill. It has bucketloads of character and weighs in at a hefty 9 lbs, even with 20 1/2" barrels (that are real nicely trimmed down, even has a brass bead sight).

Remember, don't bring a knife to a gunfight..
600px-Untouch-lupara2.jpg

dpyper

New in Town
some nice weapons on display here.
have a collection of deac's for my hobby as its easier and safer for events here. For the most part military. But like some of the designs popular in this period Browning 1903 hammerless, FN/Browning 1910 & 1922 so hopefully can pick some of these up after I get C96 Mauser.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Levallois said:
Why was this topic moved from the display case to the great outdoors?

John

Not quite sure, although I presume it had something to do with "hunting" and "range shooting" being outdoor activities. [huh]

I believe that logic should naturally bring the "Show Us Your Vehicles" thread over here as well, but I digress. ;)

anon`

One Too Many
Undertow said:
Not quite sure, although I presume it had something to do with "hunting" and "range shooting" being outdoor activities. [huh]

I believe that logic should naturally bring the "Show Us Your Vehicles" thread over here as well, but I digress. ;)
Yes, we should. But that would further limit my ability top substantively participate, and I therefore do not support such an action.

An alternative theory: perhaps because it is considered uncouth to fire one's weapon whilst indoors? Though this is merely a "show us" and not an "in action" thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo