Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Effingham

A-List Customer
I've come to the conclusion I have a problem.

Hi, my name is Tony, and I'm a gunaholic.

(Would that make me "a friend of Sam's"?)

twaits

New in Town
Here's a 1915 Colt Army Special that I turned into a Fitz Special today. It started life as a $170 parts gun with a cracked forcing cone. I replaced the barrel with a snub barrel, had my gunsmith put a sight on it and fix the mechanical issues, then today I hacked it up. I've got a little over $300 into it including what I paid for it originally. Nice little blaster for not a lot of money.

Makes me want to say 'Myyahh, you coppers will never take me alive see?"

Here it is before the mods:

IMG_2680.jpg

And after:

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Last edited:

Rathdown

Practically Family
I would think that the rough nylon that covers the holster would tend to abrade the finish of the gun faster than a leather holster...

Rathdown

Practically Family
I am sure that kydex (sp?), wrapped in nylon, lined with sponge rubber (or what ever) does make a "technically" better holster. But, when compared to the belt and holster worn by my father in the 1930s, I can't help but feel somehow cheated by these technological marvels. "Blue Steel & Ballistic Plastic" just isn't quite the same as "Blue Steel & Gun Leather"...

Rathdown

Practically Family
In my book any holster is better than no holster... that said, most gun shops have a box of old holsters kicking around somewhere, and with a bit of scrounging a good holster (ie: leather) can usually be found for around $30. Likewise, a "HOLSTER WANTED" ad on a 3x5 card can usually be thumb tacked on the bulletin board of your local police station-- you'd be amazed the stuff that turns up this way. E-bay is another excellent source for vintage era holsters at reasonable prices ...

Last edited:

Pappyb23

New in Town
It seems that nylon is becoming the new standard in gun shops by me, even the Chicago police have adopted nylon rigs. It's a shame if you ask me I was and still am a fan of leather holsters, especially for revolvers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR