Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

D

DeaconKC

Yup, I would definitely swap out the slide stop. Those and full length guide rods on 1911s, annoy me to no end......

DeaconKC said:
Yup, I would definitely swap out the slide stop. Those and full length guide rods on 1911s, annoy me to no end......
To be honest, I'm actually planning FLGR's for my customs, but only because I plan to use the FLGR for an accesory: seeing if LaserMax or somebody similar can build some custom-toys, like green-beam laser guiderod (differentiating between left and right targeting--I have a weird quirk with my eyes that I may potentially be able to engage two targets at once), LED-flashlight guiderod (concealing a gun with light can be problematic, after all) and a minicam version with wireless datalink. "Nice trick, Mr. MP40--but I can shoot around corners too, and with aim!":eek: :D

I usually, since I'm a southpaw, work slidestops with my trigger-finger, so all that extension is is dead-weight--in large part, my redesign is trying to adjust the controls so they can all be worked one-handed without having to give up a strong "fighting grip".

Do I sound like "Vintagized Mall-Ninja" yet?lol

D

DeaconKC

Netofficer.jpg

carebear said:
You're waaaaaaay past "Ninja".

You are a fully functional Mall-Jedi. ;)
"May the Force never kick your door in at 3AM!"--unrecalled THR member's sig lol lol (Darn, and I was hoping for Dark Lord of the Sith status!) Besides, I try to avoid shopping centers anyway... "Bookstore/Library Commando", maybe? lol (Hey, at least it means I put in serious study on the subject, unlike the Gunshop Recondos and the 404th Chairborne "Keyboard Commando" regiment, right? lol)

@Deacon:lol lol lol Actually, I'm a good bit leaner than that kid albeit probably near same height, but all that armor'd just get in the way--besides, it ruins both my "Mini-Mac" and "deranged Secret Service agent after being stuck in a trash-compactor" looks. Funny one, though... lol

D

DeaconKC

Carebear, I just used you "malljedi" comment and broke some friends up laughing! Thanks for making our evening!

By popular demand... Couldn't find my good slidestops yet, though, so it's still got the extended.
right-c.jpg

red rectangle's a digital blockout of serial
left.jpg

Blued original mag unknown, stainless mags CMC 8-rd. Shooting Stars I've had a while, case is a Sentry 1100 fire-safe. Now I gotta figure out why the safety won't move out of "disengaged"... Future plans include a longer-tang grip safety and longer-spur hammer, maybe a lighter mag-catch spring.

BTW, that reddish area at the rear is a trick of lighting, not rust.

Group Captain

New in Town
Show us your guns

Mostly game guns: H&H 20 bore, WR 28 bore, Gibbs 12 bore, AH Fox 12 bore, AYA matched pair of 12s, Urgetechea 20 & Dougal double rifle.

Guns, shoes and roadsters are at their best being bench made in England.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Group Captain said:
Mostly game guns: H&H 20 bore, WR 28 bore, Gibbs 12 bore, AH Fox 12 bore, AYA matched pair of 12s, Urgetechea 20 & Dougal double rifle.

Guns, shoes and roadsters are at their best being bench made in England.
Holland & Holland and a Westley Richards let's see!
I've become a big fan of using my 28 the past few years, like carrying a broomstick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou