Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

up196

A-List Customer
An imcident I remember

rumblefish said:
DSC00772.jpg

An older gentleman who lived around the corner from me had a hobby of making large plywood cut-outs of cartoon characters and decorating his front yard with them. There was Mickey Santa at Christmas, various other Disney and Warner Brothers characters, and one day, he put up a large Barney.

A few nights later I was up working on the computer when I heard gunshots.

Barney was the victim of a drive-by shooting.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Barney was only used as a representation for a T-Rex. He was neither hurt nor insulted by being used in this manner (I pushed his chest and he told me). He is now safely sleeping in my son's crib.

Story

I'll Lock Up
up196 said:

i hate you
you hate me
lets all go and kill barney
with a great big punch and a bullet in the head
sorry children barney's dead

i hate you
you hate me
barney took an ectasy
now he's lying dead on the floor
no more purple dinosaur

up196 said:
An older gentleman who lived around the corner from me had a hobby of making large plywood cut-outs of cartoon characters and decorating his front yard with them. There was Mickey Santa at Christmas, various other Disney and Warner Brothers characters, and one day, he put up a large Barney.

A few nights later I was up working on the computer when I heard gunshots.

I can see the headlines now:
Barney the victim of a Drive By Shooting. Parents across the nation rejoice. Story at 6pm. :p

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
A bit of eye-candy for the weekend, Sir?

58678-2.jpg

Trn1.jpg

Trn2.jpg

Trn12.jpg

Trn11.jpg

Trn4.jpg

What I wrote about it three years ago:

FLINTLOCK FOWLING GUN
Rococo. Smooth-bored barrel, octagonally shaped at the back. The barrel has the engraved marking: Giovan. Beretta. Lock with engraved marking: P. Pöser, (Prague, active until 1741). Lock, sideplate, buttplate and trigger guard all richly shaped and engraved with gallant hunting scenes, and rocaille and scroll patterns. Lock- and sideplates are both engraved with gallant shooting and hunting scenes. Richly carved walnut stock, with rocaille and scroll motifs, with a moon mask behind the barrel tang. Horn noseband. Ca. 1740.

DDibling

New in Town
Lucky Strike said:
A bit of eye-candy for the weekend, Sir?

Beautiful!! I'm working on a flintlock, myself, though I have no pretensions that it will be anywhere near that gorgeous. :( Is that Beretta any relation to the current manufacturer?

Dean

Custom79

One of the Regulars
New Acquisition

I'm pleased to announce that I just picked up a Winchester Model '97 that I've dated to 1910.

It is a take-down model in extremely good-used condition.

Looking forward to having it out at the range in the next few weeks.

When the snow is gone!

Cheers.

C79

rumblefish

One Too Many
warbird said:
I imagine it is. Beretta dates back to the mid to late 16th century.

You're right, and the Beretta manufacturing name goes back even further. The present day firm though, is Pietro Beretta. I wonder where Giovan fits in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw