Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Smuterella, you look gorgeous!!! I love that look on you
2008_06030002.jpg

Norty_Lady

New in Town
Smuterella said:
with thanks to peach perm rods as recommended by Miss Lolita Haze, I rolled them right to the root for a 50's look and I think it came out rather well

2008_06030002.jpg

Oh wow I love how your hair curls and the waves are fab! You look like you just 'fell out' of the 1950's :eusa_clap xxx

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Smuterella - I really like your curls. In what direction did you curl your bangs to get that height? My bangs always end up falling. I assume all the rest of your hair was curled under, am I correct? In the back did you leave the crown of your hair smooth or did you roll your hair all the way up, all over?

Smuterella

One Too Many
I left the crown smooth and the fringe was curled back wards over the roller with the elastic at the front, its the elastic at the front which gives a wave effect. the I busked it out over and up and I pinned it up with just one pin. The rest was all curled under and the elastic taken over the top of the roller to hold it high up, otherwire i find the follers slip down a few notches which is fine for 40's looks but 50's curls need to start higher up.

Hark at me, sounding like i know what i'm talking about!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
I left the crown smooth and the fringe was curled back wards over the roller with the elastic at the front, its the elastic at the front which gives a wave effect. the I busked it out over and up and I pinned it up with just one pin. The rest was all curled under and the elastic taken over the top of the roller to hold it high up, otherwire i find the follers slip down a few notches which is fine for 40's looks but 50's curls need to start higher up.

Hark at me, sounding like i know what i'm talking about!

Did I miss something, what elastic are we talking about ???

MissHannah

One Too Many
I haven't posted my hair for ages so I'm showing off a couple of successful do's from last week:

Updo (still haven't mastered concealing pins!):

Hairjune08B.jpg
Hairjune08A.jpg

Down do:

Hairjune08E.jpg
Hairjune08D.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Miss Hannah, I love your do's, pins and all. ;) To be honest, the only time I try to make sure pins aren't showing is if it is a photo shoot, or wedding or something like that. The truth is, it is very hard to make sure pins do not show, and even more hard with Red hair. There is just no getting around it. Black one show, bronze ones show, brown one show, they all show. I have thought many times of spray painting my hair pins red to match my hair. At least they'd be the same color. But my red varied quite often (another reason why the redheads are screwed when it comes to pins.) I never got around to it though.

Even blondes.. bleach blondes in particular can have a hard time with pins showing...The only ones who can conceal quite efficiently are brunettes and the dark haired ravens. ;)

Also, most girls back in the day had pins showing. It was the equivalent of wearing a barrette.

So wear your pins with pride my beautiful Red friend! :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
~*Red*~ said:
Also, most girls back in the day had pins showing. It was the equivalent of wearing a barrette.

So wear your pins with pride my beautiful Red friend! :D

This was consoling to hear!

lyburnum

Practically Family
You'll have to excuse the fact my face looks a little strange. I spent most of last night with an ice pack on my face because my eyes started swelling up again from hayfever :( So my eyes were still a little skew-if this morning.

I think *reasonably* happy is the best way to describe my reaction to todays hair. I had an absolute nightmare battle with my fringe, it would not curl into shape for love nor money, so I ended up giving up and straightening it flat.

IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg
IMG_1153.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183