Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Success with the hair band method of curling!

Here is a picture of how my curls looked. I did this slightly damp, no setting lotion:
2zgynh0.jpg

My hair is quite long and fine, so it is difficult to find a method that results in a good quality curl. I rather like the spirals I got, although they do remind me of the early 90s hairstyles. It was a ton easier to roll my hair with even this amount of curl than straight.

I used the part to do off-center rolls (my first time trying asymetical rolls):
wri8n7.jpg

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
Success with the hair band method of curling!

Here is a picture of how my curls looked. I did this slightly damp, no setting lotion:
2zgynh0.jpg

My hair is quite long and fine, so it is difficult to find a method that results in a good quality curl. I rather like the spirals I got, although they do remind me of the early 90s hairstyles. It was a ton easier to roll my hair with even this amount of curl than straight.

I used the part to do off-center rolls (my first time trying asymetical rolls):
wri8n7.jpg

When you said your hair was long, you weren't kidding.You got some nice curls with the headband set, and it looked cute while it was rolled up, too.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you crwitt! I am glad that you thought it looked cute up, as it took a day and night to dry for me, so I'll have to wear it up out of the house. Other than rag curls (that take 2 days to dry and end up frizzy) this is the best method I've tried. Pin curls take forever to put in, and I've never had them hold.

The longest I had it was two and a half years ago, it was about 8 inches longer than this (I cut 18 inches off that spring). I'm probably going to cut 10 inches or so off in a month or two- that will be "short" hair for me.

Oh, and I really want to thank everyone who participated in the hair tutorial thread and this thread posting their results on this hand band curling method. It really encouraged me to try it, and I am really pleased with the results. Thank you!

Last edited:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sheeplady I love your hair! Are you a member over at The Long Hair Community?

They have a ton of great resources for long hair styling and such.

No I'm not a member- although I have read many of the posts (especially regarding hair washing with baking soda- very helpful :)). I'm pretty new to online communities, so I might just have to join! Thanks!

And thank you for the compliment! It's a bit dirty in the pictures, but I am trying to train it to go a week between washes. Not there yet, but I have made tons of progress.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
@Antje Are you a hairdresser?

I had to come up with something today because of a horrible pin curl set, so I tried my first gibson roll thing:

gibsonroll2.jpg

gibsonroll1.jpg

I used a hair rat for this.

crwritt

One Too Many
@Antje Are you a hairdresser?

I had to come up with something today because of a horrible pin curl set, so I tried my first gibson roll thing:

gibsonroll2.jpg

gibsonroll1.jpg

I used a hair rat for this.

The back looks like the headband set!
247501_1393346210718_1744062716_671563_3157740_n.jpg
you should have some nice curls when you let it down.

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
I have to tell you ladies... The hairband method didn't really work for me. The first time, I got nice, soft curls, but I have not been able to replicate it. However, it is my new favorite way of putting my hair back! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles