Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

SheBear74

Practically Family
Miss Sofia, I am totally flattered that I inspired anyone to do anything! :D lol Your forehead looks nothing like Herman Munster's! I have gone with out bangs before and I really do like the way I look with them. I look kind of harsh with out them. :p

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Miss Sofia, I am totally flattered that I inspired anyone to do anything! :D lol Your forehead looks nothing like Herman Munster's! I have gone with out bangs before and I really do like the way I look with them. I look kind of harsh with out them. :p

Well your hair always looks adorable, so you are an inspiration and your bangs always look so neat. I think i'm like you, i always feel i look a bit harsh with no bangs. I do have a broad forehead which doesn't help either.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
2011-12-06.jpg

You know you have bad skin when even the flash doesn't work it's magic!:( Anyhoo, this is my hair today. The curl has been in a week:).
T x

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Yup! I don't have a clue how I do it.... It's not even greasy!!! I always tie it up at night with scarf and when I set it I use smallish rollers so that probably helps (?). [huh]

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Miss Tuppence, let me just say I am green with envy at your waves on the top and sides of your head! Any tips? Mine tend to fall out near my roots the moment I start brushing so either I'm rolling wrong or not tight enough.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got a new hairpiece and I love it. It's perfect for a 60's look and for days when I don't feel like sleeping in my rollers.
6472629043_af20e8d689.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
I got a new hairpiece and I love it. It's perfect for a 60's look and for days when I don't feel like sleeping in my rollers.
6472629043_af20e8d689.jpg

Whoa love the color and cute do!

Rue, yea it's finally getting longer! Feels like it took forever. lol I kept it curled so much that when I finally left it straight I was suprised by the length. :D

SheBear74

Practically Family
GI Jane, love that I served as some inspiration! :) Your hair looks adorable!

Amy, cute do, as always! I sooo love your glasses too!

I have been sporting the middle part and rolls a lot lately. :p I finally started teasing the hair on the underside of the roll and they are so much easier now. Here is today's hair do. I didn't feel like messing with the back to much so I put it up. Please excuse that mess in the background. lol I have a bunch of Christmas sewing and more projects for the school to work on. lol

IMG-20111209-00434.jpg

IMG-20111209-00428.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
It's been a while... just caught up on the recent posts and as usual you all look fantastic!!

I've been on a bit of a slump recently when it comes to my hair... I have even sunk to the point of wearing it in a straight pony tail for the last 2 weeks!! Ugh. But today I gave myself a home perm! I got the one for coloured hair from my local chemist. I tried it on two different strands yesterday to get it right and to test the results. It gave a very, very subtle result, but I'm really excited to see if it'll make a difference for my sets and make them last longer! :)

To illustrate what I've been battling with... here's my set yesterday before going out Xmas shopping, and after coming home only 1.5 hours later! It was a windy day, but still.. that's quite a difference. Fingers crossed that tomorrow the set fares better!! I'll post a before/after again tomorrow.

IMG_0532.jpg

before

IMG_0549.jpg

after!

IMG_0556.jpg

After the perm! Just a slight wave.

set results will follow... :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Everyone looks so great! Great job with the perm LinaSofia, I hope it turns out nice. :)

I have a Christmas party to go to tonight (how I wish it wasn't on a Sunday, though) and by using Diana Dors as my inspiration, I ended up with a wicked bouffant:

165907.jpg

ChristmasParty007edit.jpg

There is so much hairspray in it to keep it fluffy, I'm sure it will last into tomorrow!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Everyone looks so great! Great job with the perm LinaSofia, I hope it turns out nice. :)

I have a Christmas party to go to tonight (how I wish it wasn't on a Sunday, though) and by using Diana Dors as my inspiration, I ended up with a wicked bouffant:

165907.jpg

ChristmasParty007edit.jpg

There is so much hairspray in it to keep it fluffy, I'm sure it will last into tomorrow!

I love it you look fabulous. And the dress is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80