Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Take 2

LolitaHaze said:
Last week I had a performance. I was a bit worried about what I should do with my hair since I had to shower that day. I can't blow dry my hair and it is really thick and long and takes 2 days to dry. Amy Jeanne posted some great photos of lesser stars of the 30's and 40's and I found a gal who's hair was my inspiration.

The inspiration and what I came up with.
003hair000.jpg
003hair001.jpg

Wow Spittin Image!!! Awesome!!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
WOW Lo! SPOT ON! You look gorgeous and it looks so much like that photo of your gran.

I wish I had your hair type that I could mold like that. My hair is so slippery!
Nikki

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Wow, Lo! Amazing!! Love it! Since you said you can't blow dry your hair, how did you get it dry enough to style like that? Quite impressive :eusa_clap

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Klara... Thank you!

Anabolina... Thanks. :) I was happy with the way it turned out... but now looking at the images side by side, I keep thinking, "Oh, I should change this or do that!" lol

Daisy... Thank you! Personally I think Delores Moran looks like Lana Landis... er... Lana Landis looks like Delores Moran. Thanks to Tayva's superhold hairspray, my hair survived my Burlesque performance and a few spins on the dancefloor!

Mary... Thanks! :)

Miss Lucy June... Hehehe Thanks! I shall now take over the world! Bwhahaha! Just teasing! It was actually quite simple to recreate. The hardest part for me was trying to do the ponytail part since my hair is about 6 inches too long!

Goldwyn Girl... Hehehe don't be jealous, your hair length would work better with that style than mine did. You would look gorgeous with it!

Be_Lovely... Thanks. I actually think that Lana Landis looks more like Delores Moran than I do. :)

OHairas... Thank you, Sweetie. There is a bad side to my hair, though. I have the worse kink along my hairline and it makes all my rolls look messy and unfinished. I would like to have smooth polished rolls one of these days.

PolkaDot... Thanks! It was actually quite easy. The hardest part was running from the computer to the bathroom and trying to remember what I just saw. lol

Goldleaf... Thank you very much. My hair is actually verywet in that photo. Only the outside layer was dry. My rolls were still a bit damp when I took them out the next day. :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OHairas... Thank you, Sweetie. There is a bad side to my hair, though. I have the worse kink along my hairline and it makes all my rolls look messy and unfinished. I would like to have smooth polished rolls one of these days.

Ahhh.... see, I beg to differ! Take a look at how "kinked" her hair line is! I think it makes your hair look even MORE vintage. And I've never seen your rolls look messy or unfinished! I think we all have to remember that most of these pics of stars had the utmost nit-picking and primping done before photos we taken. I'm sure on a day to day basis women had the same issues with their hair then as we gripe about today!
I know.. I know.. the grass is always greener~ right! ;)

Which reminds me.. I was watching an old film with Lana Turner, (Mr. Imperium) and her hair was curled in a very smooth pageboy. But there was an outside windy shot and her hair fuzzed up in a zillion bushy curls!
Nikki

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Goldwyn Girl... Hehehe don't be jealous, your hair length would work better with that style than mine did. You would look gorgeous with it!

That was sweet of you to say. I did have some lovely rolls (well I thought so ) yesterday, but failed to take a photo. They were'nt are complicated as yours though.

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
Awesome do's everyone! I'm new to the forum and reading through this post makes me want to try out something new. I've very low maintenance when it comes to my hair though...Wash, add a dab of gel and let dry, I can't even be bothered to blow dry! (lazy).
I'm not sure that my hair would cooperate with any of the styles... before I let my hair curl naturally I used rollers sometimes to get the larger curls. Maybe I'll pick those up again or try my hand at a roll and pin curl. Thanks for the inspiration everyone, I'll try to post pics.
Oh and any suggestions are most welcome!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I hate following Miss Haze, but here's my first attempt at a mid-30s hairstyle kind of like Dolores del Rio's. Still need more practice -- my hair is soooo straight it's sinful. :(

DSCF2247_2_small.jpg

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Same Old Face--New Haircolor

I think I've gotten my hairstyle down to where I like it--kind of a 30-ish hairstyle, but today I decided to darken my hair color a bit. Since I have vitiligo (That's where my body attacks the pigment cells in my skin and I'm losing my skin color, not at once, but in patches. :( And no sun protection either.) and its starting to invade my face :mad: I've been wanting a haircolor that will enhance my skin tone and I think the stark blonde I had been sporting made me even more washed out.
So girls, what do you think?
new_hair.JPG

Regardless, I'm going to live with this color for at least a month.
Hubby hasn't seen it yet, but I did IM him about it. His sweet reply was something like: "You're always beautiful in any haircolor..."

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
BonnieJean said:
I think I've gotten my hairstyle down to where I like it--kind of a 30-ish hairstyle, but today I decided to darken my hair color a bit. Since I have vitiligo (That's where my body attacks the pigment cells in my skin and I'm losing my skin color, not at once, but in patches. :( And no sun protection either.) and its starting to invade my face :mad: I've been wanting a haircolor that will enhance my skin tone and I think the stark blonde I had been sporting made me even more washed out.
So girls, what do you think?
new_hair.JPG

Regardless, I'm going to live with this color for at least a month.
Hubby hasn't seen it yet, but I did IM him about it. His sweet reply was something like: "You're always beautiful in any haircolor..."

it really looks good.... for the patches, there is a coverup by igia that really covers well, i used it for scars i had on my back when i got married, and it covered great, and didnt wear off with sweat and stuff. http://www.coolstuffontv.com/health/instantcover.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats