Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

missjazzage

New in Town
I Adore Film Noir and ohairas, thank you so very much for your advice. :)

I went in and got the hair at the nape trimmed the other day, so it already looks a little better. I will continue to have my hair trimmed at the nape until the front grows in.

Thank you again.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
I Adore Film Noir and ohairas, thank you so very much for your advice. :)

I went in and got the hair at the nape trimmed the other day, so it already looks a little better. I will continue to have my hair trimmed at the nape until the front grows in.

Thank you again.

I'm so glad for you!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
thank you miss Sofia!! It's a good one for days when you can't be bothered to curl! :). Here's a little how-to, it's very simple:
put your hair in a loose ponytail (pull the hairband down as far as you can without hair slipping away), then place the scarf over the bottom of your ponytail, turn the hair over the scarf, then keep rolling up until you hit the nape of your neck, then tie the ends on top of your head! très simple!

Thanks for that! I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow and hopefully make use of all the small scarves languishing in the bottom of my drawer i never use. I did get round to checking your blog and should have done that in the first place, doh!!

Thanks again

x

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I asked my mom if she still had her old hot rollers, and she went and bought me my own set! Here's my first try with them. Very modern I think but I'm still super happy with it.
185813_10150398944280012_597260011_17187113_406713_n.jpg

angeljenny

A-List Customer
^ You look so pretty! Very Veronica Lake!

I found hot rollers really hard to use and ended up with random bits of hair all over the place. I am practising with bendy rollers as I find them easier but I think I am doing something wrong as they are so uncomfortable to sleep in.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I haven't checked in for a while and I was very inspired as usual looking through the recent posts!
It's been a while since I did anything particularly interesting with my hair, due to not really doing anything interesting coupled with bad weather! But I'll share today's reasonable effort just because I've never tried this before. It's a back roll done with a head scarf (it's in Lauren Rennell's vintage hairstyling book).
1.jpg

3.jpg

Ladies doesn't Miss Lina aways look so lovely and well put together and not to toot her horn or anything but she did a tutorial of this on her blog hope you don't mind me mentioning it. Here is the linkhttp://spiffingsporadics.blogspot.com/2011/02/video-tutorial-for-scarf-back-roll.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+SpiffingSporadicsOfAVintageGirl+(Spiffing+sporadics+of+a+vintage+girl)

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Penny Dreadful, you are so stunning! I love your hair color.

LinaSofia, many thanks for that scarf trick!!! I have waist-length hair and I tried it out myself this afternoon-- perfect. It looks more 1920s/faux bob on me ('cause of how much hair I've got rolled up here lol) but it's adorable and so easy.

zombi

A-List Customer
LinaSofia -- beautiful! And I can't wait to try it myself, as a long-haired gal. Penny, I can't see your photo because I'm at work, probably, but I always like your sets.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous Hair Penny Dreadful.
LinaSofia-I can't wait till my hair is long enough to try that style.
I want to see Stormy Weather at the Fitgerald Theatre yesterday. I was happy with my hair. I didn't think it was long enough for an updo.
185968_1837147095785_1453724556_1981999_1536906_n.jpg
183971_1837147415793_1453724556_1982001_4285467_n.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love your hair Berlin and the blouse is really cute too.

Thanks for you complements everyone.
Drappa- I bought this dress about 3 years ago. it's not in very good shape so I've only worn it twice. I'm contemplating making a pattern from it.

certainlyred

New in Town
Sorry in advance for the rubbish Photobooth picture! Being home by yourself means not having a photographer handy!
I wore my hair like so to go swing dancing last night:

5482746615_7a4a3a2f80.jpg

Finally getting the hang of those victory rolls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy