Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
Sorry for the flooding lol
It's crooked and you can see the pins, but this is officially my first successful attempt at forward roll bangs. Unlike most things I've tried, this one is way harder than it looks!
190013_10150407903555012_597260011_17295160_5099003_n.jpg

198401_10150407929290012_597260011_17295512_3775237_n.jpg

Last edited:

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
I'd like some help with this too as I'm having the same issues. I can't get a nice smooth style in the back - it turns into separated, thick ringlets.

zombi

A-List Customer
I know you can't see much of it because I'm wearing a hat (it was cold!), but:
5506343933_11ef03fec3.jpg

I did large pin curls. It came out all right -- I didn't use setting lotion and I didn't have enough time to brush it out this morning, but that's okay!

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
Kirstenkat -- thanks! Me, too. I have longer hair, and small curls don't look quite right for me most of the time, so I have been going for larger ones lately. It's been working out really well.

BoPeep -- thanks! I love mustard yellow, it's one of my favourite colours. The pin is a WWII production corps Red Cross pin, I think. I love it so much I tend to wear it a lot!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
that looks really gorgeous Becca!! what a shame it didn't stay purrdy long enough... ps. I love your subtle makeup, it looks beautiful.

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Not a hairdo on myself but....
Today at school we practiced how to do bouclé rolls. We call it bouclé, but I'm sure there is another word for it in English. So I would say this is medium-hard to do to get it looking tight and neat on someone else. On yourself: mission impossible :p I'm sure I'll get better at it, so I won't have those fly-aways anymore but the thing is we're not allowed to use any product on the wigs.

hair2.jpg

hair.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Not a hairdo on myself but....
Today at school we practiced how to do bouclé rolls. We call it bouclé, but I'm sure there is another word for it in English. So I would say this is medium-hard to do to get it looking tight and neat on someone else. On yourself: mission impossible :p I'm sure I'll get better at it, so I won't have those fly-aways anymore but the thing is we're not allowed to use any product on the wigs.

hair2.jpg

hair.jpg

Perfect set! Do we get to see the combout?

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
Thank you ladies :)

I parted my hair on the side above my left eye. I have longish bangs over my right eye that I set in a small velcro roller rolled under. The rest of my hair I set off base in pillow curlers rolled under in a sloppy brick lay pattern. I slept in it, then in the morning released all curlers. I used a little pomade on my hands & defined my bangs into 3 separate curls & brushed out the rest of my curls to the desired wave.

I hope that helps, I've never explained a set before. I never get to talk vintage in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy