Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
5679273059_0b1cddcf9c.jpg

5679833470_2f79148bbc.jpg

Wow I love it... what a find!

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
My gosh you're all so lovely. I love all your hair styles. I tried this hairstyle out of lauren's book "vintage hairstyling". Instead of hot rollers I just slept in sponge rollers. It's not much compared to everyone else but I enjoyed it
utf-8BSU1HMDI0OTQtMjAxMTA1MDMtMDk0Ny5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDI0OTctMjAxMTA1MDMtMTYwNC5qcGc.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
Ooh, Nosferaturoams just adorable! Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone... Hair came out decent. I loved the back, but the front was my go-to two rolls. I don't think I got any good photos, but I'll look!

siobhanjulia

New in Town
Hi everyone :)
I'm new around here- but I wanted to see what you guys think of my hair atm- this was taken on the second day of my pin curl set- turned out better than I expected!
2h3907a.jpg

29yiioj.jpg

And this was today's attempt-
2e2pft3.jpg

I've only just managed to get into the proper swing of doing victory rolls recently- my fringe has been at that annoying length where it just doesn't want to roll for a while- but with some practise I've managed to tame it! Practise makes perfect, however :)

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
SiobhanJulia, your hair is too cute!! Oh, and welcome to the Lounge : )

Nosferaturoams, your hair is so darling as well!

I'm loving the new influx of young ladies! That sounds really creepy lol, but what I mean is that it's great to see other girls my age rocking such amazing vintage hairstyles!

Whoa Mama!

New in Town
Everyone's hair is so gorgeous!! (Jealous!)

I just got a middy cut a few weeks ago and am still getting the hang of it. Pin curls elude me, still (though I've found some fantastic books, recently!) So here it is...all curled and fluffed:

Middy

Still not quite where I'd like it to be. I just have to get over being all thumbs, and learn pin curls for real, now!

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
I'm loving the new influx of young ladies!

I think lots of us are seeing rockabilly more and more often. That's slightly how I was introduced into this style. I favor old-fashioned vintage instead of the rockabilly (Rita Hayworth was the true reason I dove right into the 40's/all of this) but both are nice. It's c.1950's (which is my favorite style thus far. Especially since I'm pretty "curvy" round the stomach) :)

Whoa Mama!

New in Town
nosferaturoams...thanks for the compliment! And I wish MY first pin curling turned out like that, too :) That's my hair, after curling with brush curlers....I'm such a cheater! It's a fairly quick way to get it dry (especially under a hard bonnet dryer, since the curlers are so airy) so I curl my hair mostly every morning. It makes for a bit too much volume at the sides, though. Honestly, I'd rather pincurl and sleep on it (if I can ever get the hang of it) since curling and drying every morning adds about a half-hour to my routine (plus think of the wear and tear on my hair!!). Sigh! How DO you ladies do it??? ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I did a comparison set to show the wave the more commonly found Marcel waver gives. It's a larger wave, but shallower and doesn't last as long.
5690293224_6fd917b11d.jpg

This set picture is from when my hair was much shorter, but shows what this type of Marcel waver looks like.
4555360717_ccbbe192ca.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot