Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
It's hit summer here is Aus and is about 38 C today so it's far too hot for anything overly complicated. I curled my fringe ( which is getting just slightly too long to handle) and put it up in a chignon at the back. Apologies if the picture is weirdly sized- still getting used to uploading them :)
aJXN44

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Since my hair is short again I usually just leave it straight. But I curled the front a little today and thought it looked cute.
Plus I went blonde! It was red for a short time but the blonde looks better I think. Though I'm still not sure about the color yet. Maybe I actually did like dark hair!

Sorry it's so bright, I took it myself.

New hair by christi.adell, on Flickr

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Since my hair is short again I usually just leave it straight. But I curled the front a little today and thought it looked cute.
Plus I went blonde! It was red for a short time but the blonde looks better I think. Though I'm still not sure about the color yet. Maybe I actually did like dark hair!

Sorry it's so bright, I took it myself.

New hair by christi.adell, on Flickr

Beautiful!

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
I'm not always *too* worried about pins showing, however, I usually follow the same trick that you would do if you're trying to a wet set without a kink...I pin under the curl. I also grab the hair where the curl joins the hair extending to the root to keep it from unwinding.

Oh that makes sense! Thanks for your help - I'll give it a bash on the weekend.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ladies with middies I have a holiday party to go to next weekend and I am looking for ideas for my middy. I thought maybe victory rolls but I wasn't sure. Any pictures would be much appreciated

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The blonde really suites you Christi.adell
I love both of your hairstyles Retro_GI_Jane. The model in your first picture looks like Donna Drake AKA Rita Rio.
Gorgeous updo Juliet.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Thank you ladies SO much, it really made me feel better about it. :D

I can't wait until it gets longer so I can try to copy some of these GORGEOUS do's on this thread.

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne I love your colour ! Do you have a full fringe which is just dyed blonde at the tips as well as the streak ? I've been considering adding a streak to my hair recently and this is really tipping the balance !

bombshell_librarian

New in Town
Thanks, all, for the delightful piccies! Right now I have a bob with bangs, and the bangs are growing out. I'll keep trying hot sets with a curling iron/rollers, and when I get paid again I'd like to get some rag rollers for sleeping in. I'll post pics as soon as I can. Now--about pin curls--I have questions. . . .LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of questions. . . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy