Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Juliet

A-List Customer
asentimentaljourney, that looks like perfection to me! ;)

HannahJane, thank you very much for posting this beret-hairdo! It's just great!
Your permission on borrowing the look? :)

SheBear74, not that you ever look anything but good, but with your hair down? Oh, you look gorgeous! Very young, I agree.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
So did you keep it down, SheBear? :D You certainly look great with your down. And up too!

This week was the first time since I wore my hair "vintage-y" to work. I've been working at the office for 7 months and always looked very, very, very plain. We have a lot of ladies in my department, everyone's very "young and hip" and I'm 100% sure given the way I dressed everyone thought I just don't know anything about how to look.. well, "stylish", I guess. With the weather being nicer and all I said 'screw it' this week, and did victory rolls and all that jazz in the morning. It sure gets some getting used to (also because I only have about 7 hours on a good day to let it set overnight), but most everyone reacted very positive so I will definitely make this something for every day.

One quick question I have... if you do a wet set, and you work out and get sweaty, do you just shower and set it again? I work out every day (well, I try to) for about 30 mins, but I get soo sweaty on my head that I just don't know if I should let it dry and skip a set every other day, or bite the bullet and do one every single day. Sounds kind of gross, now that I re-read it.. but I stocked up on dry shampoo...

Flicka

One Too Many
Haha, if I work out, my hair doesn't get damp - it's dripping! So I work out in the evenings, shower, do a wet set and go to bed. And yes, I do a wet set every night. If I have shorter time due to getting home late, I just let it dry a little more before setting.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments! I actually did leave it down and we even went to the beach in the evening. I was so tempted to put it up but I left it alone. The curls got a bit stretched in the wind. The embarassing part wasn't the limp curls but my dress flying up as I reached down to grab a shell. lol My husband and I had a good laugh over that one.

HannahJane

Familiar Face

:) Thank you! You defiantly have permission to borrow the look and spread the beret love!

SheBear74, I can sympathise with the embarrassing dress flying up situation! Hopefully there weren't too many people around to make it worse! lol

Last edited:

asentimentaljourney

New in Town
asentimentaljourney, that looks like perfection to me! ;)

SheBear74, not that you ever look anything but good, but with your hair down? Oh, you look gorgeous! Very young, I agree.

Aww thanks so much Juliet!! : )

SheBear74

Practically Family
:) Thank you! You defiantly have permission to borrow the look and spread the beret love!

SheBear74, I can sympathise with the embarrassing dress flying up situation! Hopefully there weren't too many people around to make it worse! lol

I was a little but considering there are 80 year olds in thongs (and that's just the men) here I didn't feel too bad. hee hee

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I think the last time posted hair pics was back in November, so my hair is much longer, I was trying out a hair style for my hair styles for my wedding this coming November. My hair will be longer but I really liked how my hair turned out today. for the wedding replace the leopard bow to a peacock fascinater with a birdcage.

retro001.jpg

retro002.jpg

retro003.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Back up. lol I have been playing around with brightly colored eye shadow. I don't often wear lipstick cause I am always kissing on my youngest son lol. I figured I would play around with the eyes instead. :D
IMG_20120325_100649.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
I haven't posted anything in forever but I figured you girls would like this. Pardon the crappy phone pic! Also, the pink was chalk and it hasn't washed out yet! I might be in deep trouble with the hubby, lol!

20120326-105720.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
I haven't posted anything in forever but I figured you girls would like this. Pardon the crappy phone pic! Also, the pink was chalk and it hasn't washed out yet! I might be in deep trouble with the hubby, lol!

20120326-105720.jpg

What fun! I was wondering how long the chalk highlights would last.

SheBear74

Practically Family

20120326-105720.jpg

Dig the pink :D Where have you been??? Miss seeing your posts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24