Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Lil' Miss A said:
A night in sponge rollers :)

alisepsmall.jpg

i love your style Lil Miss A! i tend to go for a similar style most days because i find it quickest and easiest for an overnight set. the one thing i love about your hair is your wave from your parting. do you have a particular way of setting it to achieve that wave? i've been having problems with my waves, they never come out right so i always seem to end up pinning the sides back instead.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I won a bottle of Aussie Sydney Smooth Leave-in Conditioner Spray from Allure magazine & I've been soaking my hair with it before I dry it & put it in curlers, and it makes the smoothest curls ever. No mousse, or gel, or anything to set it, just the conditioner, and it holds so well, with no frizzing at all. It seems impossible to use too much.

Nashoba

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
Nashoba, have you gone more red ? Looks great

Yeah, ditched the blonde, went to red. might tweak it a bit more, but I think I've found a color I like. I'm glad I did the blonde first though, my hair wouldn't have taken the red the way it did if I hadn't

Lil' Miss A

Familiar Face
sophia la shok said:
i love your style Lil Miss A! i tend to go for a similar style most days because i find it quickest and easiest for an overnight set. the one thing i love about your hair is your wave from your parting. do you have a particular way of setting it to achieve that wave? i've been having problems with my waves, they never come out right so i always seem to end up pinning the sides back instead.

Thanks for the nice comments and thanks to everyone else.
I do WW2 re-enactment, but this was my outfit for my sister-in-laws wedding lol.

I use sponge rollers for my hair and Amami setting lotion on damp hair before i put it in the rollers. I put them in in the evening and sleep in them, they are really comfy.

I make sure i have a side parting for this style.

I don't put them in neat rows, so i don't know how many rows i actually create. I simply create a first row from the top of my head on one side and work my way round.

As for the fringe (wave) i simply use a small velcro rollers and curl the hair under. Once the hair is dry i then gently comb it through and it creates the perfect wave :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
MegamiOrchard said:
So by this do you mean include the scarf as one of the strands in the plait? I guess that could work. If you ever get a chance to scan a picture I would be very grateful.

Yes that's what I mean.

RueBea

New in Town
I have spent the last two days going through the wonderful posts from everyone. I am excited to start trying to get a grip on all of these hairstyles. I have very long hair, and for the most part all one length. I set my hair in foam curlers a couple of nights ago, and the curls did not last through the day. Perhaps it's just too long. I am looking forward to trying the rolls, I will let you know how it goes. Greetings to all of my fellow desert dwellers:) !

Midgard

New in Town
Audrey Horne said:
I'm sure I'll get better with experience :)
Before brushing out:
2155275494_8a690941c5.jpg

After:
2154480643_97e82c306c.jpg

OMG! You look sooo stunning! And you have some awesome facial features like a classic beauty!

(I'm new here and normally I'm only a lurker, but I had to post after seeing this picture!)

Diana

PS

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
I'm sure I'll get better with experience :)
Before brushing out:
2155275494_8a690941c5.jpg

After:
2154480643_97e82c306c.jpg

Audrey, now know we need details! What type of curler? That looks soo silky! What did you use to brush out the curl? They look perfect!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
PS said:
Audrey, now know we need details! What type of curler? That looks soo silky! What did you use to brush out the curl? They look perfect!

Thanks ladies! I used Remington rag rollers (heated). I sprayed the sections with Lotta Body and hairspray before I rolled them. I brushed it out with a round brush but I did it pretty gently because I was afraid of brushing them away completely. I'm such a dork I actually took pictures of the setting in case anyone has tips for me for next time:

2154479305_6729c40857_m.jpg

2155275004_8c5cd8e31f_m.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Audrey Horne, your hair is beautiful! And your set looks just fine. I suppose depending on what kind of "look" you are going for, you can change your set around, but honestly, what you did was just perfect! The results speak for themselves!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy