Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Oh yes, so the story goes, a fried breakfast is all you need to get over a hangover. I personally just need a whole 3 days sleep...

For your amusement;

PICT0036.jpg

this is what I look like when setting my hair. Thanks to mummy for the hairdryer :D

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
Oh yes, so the story goes, a fried breakfast is all you need to get over a hangover. I personally just need a whole 3 days sleep...

For your amusement;

PICT0036.jpg

this is what I look like when setting my hair. Thanks to mummy for the hairdryer :D

I would give my left barnicle to find a bonnet drier like that!

Well my mum just moved down here from Yorkshire & luckily enough I went back to help her with last few bits & pieces. In all the years I'd been there I never knew about this. Though I probably never really appreciated it & it was going to be sent off to a charity shop!! Lucky I went back I think!! It ain't half noisy though lol I had to switch off Top Model because I couldn't hear it.

I love how it just puffs up to this ridiculously massive...thing...I like to squeeze it when it's like that...

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
dolly you look very elegant with that set and scarf, but above all I LOVE THE BONNET DRYER! It's beyond cool. How hot does it get?

leaette

A-List Customer
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I would give my left barnicle to find a bonnet drier like that!

Desi: you can find non-vintage ones at Sally Beauty. I got one a few years back. It doesn't have a dryer though, i have to hook the tube up to my dryer. I think it was about $15. I am sure they have some with dryers attached too but you'd have to check.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
leaette said:
Desi: you can find non-vintage ones at Sally Beauty. I got one a few years back. It doesn't have a dryer though, i have to hook the tube up to my dryer. I think it was about $15. I am sure they have some with dryers attached too but you'd have to check.

Thanks Leatte, I will look!

*wonders* why does the wearing of such a stupid item produce such a stupid face...lol

Cherry lips; Do you not think I look elegant in my bonnet?! lol It does get pretty hot, but the dial thingy on it can be tricky, it you turn it just a millimeter too far it gets pretty cool, so there is mega hot going to super cold pretty quickly!! It dries my hair in about 20 minutes with rollers in.

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
Oh my God! This looks exactly like the one my mom had when I was a little girl!
For your amusement;
PICT0036.jpg
Sadly it broke when I was about ten. I think the only person in my family not lamenting it breaking was my dad. My mom was sad because she had to start going to the hairdresser to get her hair done. Me because I was fascinated by it. I loved to look on my mom walking around the house with it on. And my brother for a totally different reason, he would put it on, throw a sheet over himself and pretend to be a ghost. And my mom would scold him. Wow, I'm almost crying (it's a good thing :) ), this really brings back memories!

leaette

A-List Customer
For you gals who are thinking of getting a bonnet dryer...
Do not use bobby pins or metal clips. Trust me on this as I learned the hard way, anything metal will get super hot and scald your scalp. I did that not only once...but twice. Yeah, stupid me.

I use the sponge rollers with the plastic snaps and it works great. Takes about an hour to dry.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I just recently had an inch and a half cut off from my hair, so technically, I am an inch and a half from waist length. I do, on occasion get a few rolls in there...at the risk of muscle failure in my arms. (My husband likes to stick his fingers inside the rolls...lol which feels weird)

This was taken right after a night of dancing and drinking, so 'scuse the bleary eyes.

l_9d39e742ff8cac49d0163d5dc606c9e0.jpg

I can't believe it but marriage has just made you hotter!!! ;)

MissHannah

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:

For your amusement;

PICT0036.jpg

TOO COOL Dolly!

lol I might wear it out on 11th Miss Hannah. What do you think? It will go lovely with my dress lol lol lol

Today's effort (without the use of the bonnet)

PICT0057.jpg

This was after being outside in the mega wind & a bit more curling whne I got back in the house, hence the wispy bits. That's my excuse anyway.

I have't scalded my scalp with pins (yet) but I find that where the tube goes into the bonnet gets really hot & if I move it burns my neck. My mum thinks that my 'bonnet dance' as I shift about trying to move the heat is hilarious.

GreyAndWhiteCat said:
Oh my God! This looks exactly like the one my mom had when I was a little girl!

Sadly it broke when I was about ten. I think the only person in my family not lamenting it breaking was my dad. My mom was sad because she had to start going to the hairdresser to get her hair done. Me because I was fascinated by it. I loved to look on my mom walking around the house with it on. And my brother for a totally different reason, he would put it on, throw a sheet over himself and pretend to be a ghost. And my mom would scold him. Wow, I'm almost crying (it's a good thing :) ), this really brings back memories!

It comes in the best little bag too, like a miniature version of a suitcase my grandma used to have. I love it so (too) much. It also has different clip on bits that I haven't quite figured the uses for yet

Martini Slayer

New in Town
WOW! I really loved the bonnet dryers. I had two of them when I was a kid. On the base of one of my bonnet blowers was a hole you could put your finger into to dry your nail polish!

I ditched them in the 80's to go with the Clairol hot rollers. What a mistake. I miss the bonnet dryers. :)

Ladies, do you know what I use now? The Caruso Molecular Hair Setter! It's a super quick steam set. The Hair Setters can be found super cheap and never used on EBay and at thrift stores... I own two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24