Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
I don't know about my hair. The length is making it difficult for hot roller curls to stay in and I know I don't have the dedication to pin curl my hair every night. I wish I could afford some Hot Sticks. But I like having long hair right now so I don't know if I would feel okay about cutting it. [huh]

And I know I don't look a thing like Ms. Jolie but I would love this length:
angelina_jolie_on_the_set_of_wanted_04a_1.jpg

Anyway, here's what I did with my hair today:
l_067d703a618b3f88ea0aeeae6ed439e2.jpg

One of the rolls and I got into a fight so if you're wondering why it looks funny...that's why. Despite the fact that I was unimpressed I did get quite a few compliments.

You are in luck my friend. I have two sets of hot sticks. I can lend you a set.. see if you like them....

(you may not like them)

If you grow long hair....I don't want to hear you bitchin' about how you can't do anything with it!! LOL

Although I have given up on hot curlers, they don't get hot enough to curl my medusaesque mess.

It really is a fallacy that you can't do anything with long hair... it just takes a bit more time and effort.

Don't give up hope... and remind me about those hot sticks.. maybe I can ship them to you. (cheaper than driving up to your house... sad I know.)

MissHannah

One Too Many
I haven't been on here for a while (real life got in the way, in a good way I'm pleased to say) and you are all looking AMAZING so here is my hair yesterday. I was quite pleased with my faux bangs, which I achieved with an overnight dry roller set of 2 rows of 2 velcro rollers

Hair110808C.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Hannah - you've been missed! Your bangs/fringes look terrific and I envy the color of your hair. I wish we could get your brand in the States.

Pink - you look positively innocent *cough* today ;) I love the sweet curls.

You gals that do your hair ever day (or even nearly so) really have me green with envy. I telecommute and am just not driven to doll myself up for me, myself and I. Okay, not for the cat or even the hubby.

Cherry Candee

New in Town
Thanks Inky, you are such a doll!!

Hannah and Pink: both hair colors are incredibly gorgeous! I'm having a total red hair envy!!! The color really suits you both :)

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Ok so I'm going to do some more drastic hair color tonight, Vampire Red by Manic Panic after bleaching the hell out of it and then this weekend I'll add black streaks. Anyone have a good product to bring your hair back from the edge after bleaching it? I'll post pics when it's done. I just don't want straw for hair.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Cherry Candee you look delicious!
MissHannah you were missed. Your bangs are perfect!
Pink this may very well be my favorite pic of you: the curls, the color, you; it's all so cute I could die!
Pink Dahlia said:

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
TheSwingingBee said:
Ok so I'm going to do some more drastic hair color tonight, Vampire Red by Manic Panic after bleaching the hell out of it and then this weekend I'll add black streaks. Anyone have a good product to bring your hair back from the edge after bleaching it? I'll post pics when it's done. I just don't want straw for hair.

I have a very white bleached piece in my hair so I know what a drama it can be. Once the hairdresser left it on too long and the hair started to melt! Argggh!
The best way to bleach the hair is to do it progressively if you want to avoid this kind of damage. That means lightening it session by session, not just slapping it on and leaving it for an hour or two. You can apply the bleach, then after the allotted time, was it out, then reapply again. There is no product you can add to "bring it back from the edge", it just comes down to looking after it. Never comb or brush it when wet, and the less heat you can apply to it the better.
I realise it may not be practical, but I'd always advise having a qualified hairdresser that does a lot of this work do it for you.
I do all my own colour, except the bleached section. At least that way I have someone to blame if it screws up!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:

The Vampire Red is a lovely color. However, I don't recommend adding the black streaks, unless you just do a couple big chunks. I think it was back in March that I did what you're planning on doing. I did all over Vampire Red, then pulled my hair through a frosting cap and "frosted" my hair with a permanent black color. It looked great for about a week (only washed it once), then after that, each time I shampooed it, the colors ran and after maybe week 3, it was an all over magenta sort of color. The black had mixed with the red. I'm not sure you can really see it here, but this is how it looked after a while.
2417173864_7c0f70bf5d.jpg

As for what to use after bleaching, I like the Redken Extreme line. The shampoo and conditioner is great, but the anti-snap made a huge difference in my hair.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Everyone's hair looks great.
Helysoune- I love the forward bang on you. I think that's my favortie look right now.
Cherry Candee- I love the updo.
The Shirt-Love your updoe also. Are you going to wear it that way on Monday? I must remember my camera.
Antje. I love your curls, exspecially the ones that frame your face.
And thanks everyone for the compliments. I truely am a ham.

Charbeau

New in Town
TheSwingingBee said:

Redken CAT protein treatments can do wonders for repairing very damaged hair. You can do 3-5 in a row, leaving on each for 5-7 minutes and they will make your hair stronger. The treatment is more like a solution rather than a moisturizer/conditioner, your hair will NOT feel soft after the treatments however structurally it will be in much better shape. I would do a few CAT treatments after the bleaching (especially if it requires a double process bleaching) and then color and then shampoo and then moisturize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy