Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

stephie.jean

New in Town
exquisitebones said:
Here is what has become my every day do:
IMG_0913.jpg

and here is my SHORT hair page boy and my littlest kiddie Margaux Jean:
funny? we have matching eyebrows lol
IMG_0925.jpg

If you don't mind sharing, how did you do the short hairstyle? I really like it, and after I recently chopped my hair short, I'm not quite sure how to style it!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
which one??

the first one I just did 2 rows of pincurls and pincurled the bangs separately.

the page boy knock off, I just used a 1/5" curling iron and curled it under.. it did not hold well, i would not reccomend it. maybe with hot sticks? [huh]

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Did you put setting lotion in first? When I use a curling iron, I saturate my hair with lottabody, let it dry, then curl. It holds up through a day of school, work, then 4 hours of swing dancing. I was pretty impressed-- if I only use hairspray, my hair is flat before I walk out the door.

MissHannah

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
Did you put setting lotion in first? When I use a curling iron, I saturate my hair with lottabody, let it dry, then curl. It holds up through a day of school, work, then 4 hours of swing dancing. I was pretty impressed-- if I only use hairspray, my hair is flat before I walk out the door.

That's a good tip Maggie - I'll have to try that some time.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
My hair from last night

lounge052.jpg

lounge047.jpg

This was a last minute style using hotsticks.....which I've officially given up on. They just don't turn out a decent looking curl for me. I'm going to list them in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
Odalisque said:
My hair from last night

This was a last minute style using hotsticks.....which I've officially given up on. They just don't turn out a decent looking curl for me. I'm going to list them in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Ach, I have hotsticks and can say that I've only used than once or twice. Some people will sing thier praises and can get them to work without burning thier hands and more power to them.
Me? I had a mind to buy out all the aloe cream at the drug store, jk. XP

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:

Thats a GREAT idea, and I will be trying it next time I use an iron.

I use lotta body with my pin-curls, but never thought to do it with my iron.

balgal

New in Town
Originally Posted by maggiethespy
if I only use hairspray, my hair is flat before I walk out the door.

What kinda of hairspray are you using? And secondly are you spraying your hair before or after? And lastly are you putting to much hairspray and getting helmet head?

And unfortunality I have not seen lottabody sold anywhere in Hillsboro, beaverton, portland at all. I usually use setting lotion from sallys beauty supply for pin curls and curlers.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
you are by me!
I live just north of portland, and all of the sally's here in vancouver carry lotta body.

I use a spritz of hairspray when I am curling it, and let it dry while it is on the iron. then when all my curls are done, I spreay it to death. THEN I comb it all out.
and then I spray one more time before I leave.
sometimes it stays, more often than not it falls :(

I prefer wet sets/pin curls. or sponge rollers.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
balgal said:
What kinda of hairspray are you using? And secondly are you spraying your hair before or after? And lastly are you putting to much hairspray and getting helmet head?

And unfortunality I have not seen lottabody sold anywhere in Hillsboro, beaverton, portland at all. I usually use setting lotion from sallys beauty supply for pin curls and curlers.

Pantene
After I curl my hair so I don't get build-up on my iron
Just a touch to hold the curl, because I hate having crinkly hair.

I have very fine hair, but I have a lot of it. If I have a wet set, it holds all day, but hot sets require a little something extra, like setting lotion ;)

I get my Lottabody at Sally's, but I'm in Texas.

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
SassyLindaB - You have fabulous hair. It looks GORGEOUS on you, and I love love love the colors!

MissHannah - Do you have to bleach your hair before you dye it? My hair is still mad at me for bleaching it back when, but I'm thinking of heading back to red... I'm wondering if you know any good bright red dyes that don't require pre-lightening?

exquisitebones - Your hair looks so soft and pretty! How do you set it?

And for those who asked: This won't be an exact setting pattern (and it's a little hard to see in the photos, but since I just sort of throw the curls in at night as quickly as possible I can't draw out an exact setting pattern [I have no idea what I do half of the time, haha]), but this is how I get the curls I posted a few days back. They vary a bit from day to day due to my lazyquick curling, but this should be about right. Good luck!

Bangs:
dsc00201qw8.jpg

Side/front:
dsc00218ou8.jpg

Back:
dsc00207tp1.jpg

(Sorry for the massive post!!)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
you do so many pic curls! that must take forever :p

here is my latest 50s-esque do. I never part in the middle so I thought I would give it a try. and of course margaux jean is back too.
3233631360_dfbc751b57.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones, you look lovely with the parting in the middle. I just can't get over Margaux Jean, babies usually don't even interest me, but this one has so much intelligence and charm - it's captivating! You can already tell she's one smart cookie.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Thanks guys! I was not sure about the middle part on me, but I feel good about it now :)

and ..
:eek:fftopic: wait til you see my son. someday I will get a picture of us too. he is the ultimate cute. lol.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love this thread--you all look wonderful. My hair has been so dry lately (like the rest of me)--I'm sure it's the weather. I really need to do some extra conditioning or something in order to get it fit to include here.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones said:
Thanks guys! I was not sure about the middle part on me, but I feel good about it now :)

and ..
:eek:fftopic: wait til you see my son. someday I will get a picture of us too. he is the ultimate cute. lol.

Bones you are a doll... I think the middle part looks fab as well. Your precious babe looks just like you, can't wait to see your cutie pie son!
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pomp Bangs

Hiya goils! Sorry I've been away so long... I'll try to hang out more this year, I promise!

I wore my faux pomp hairpiece for a sock hop recenlty~
HPIM7218.JPG

HPIM7225.JPG

You can see more about the sock hop here.

The hairpiece doesn't always match my current hair color tho... and then on one of my new favorite blogs I found a pomp tutorial I think y'all will love~ check it out!
http://bobbypinblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/tha-happy-pompadour.html
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
What a darling hat! You look beautiful....
Nikki
VintageRed said:
Ok, here you go.

I've been having fun with my new hat, so disregard...it might be hard to see the hair, but it looks pretty good for the most part, I think. :) Those curls were a bit frizzy, but they finally settled down. I've found that I can't brush them. I just need to finger comb them and they go back to soft ringlets.

n1059901857_275870_9535.jpg

Cheers,

~Danielle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy