Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Elina

New in Town
Antje said:
Elina, nice job :eusa_clap I think mabye that larger rollers are easyer for brushing out, my best results are always with larger pincurls or rollers

Thank you!
Ah, I see. That's what I've suspected...hehe.

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
My first set. As you can see by the ends its I had a bit if trouble getting it curled as its so long. Sorry you cant see it better. It was very curly.
008-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
your hair looks gorgeous,

What wonderful looks you have created, such a beauty and so deco... just lovely.

deco_darling said:
pincurl1.jpg

This is what my hair looks like now. This was done with pincurls overnight and worn to bed. I can essentially turn this into any kind of style by arranging the curls a certain way.

pincurl2.jpg

This is how the one above look in a 1930s hat.

rolls1.jpg

This is the same recent hair and its done up in rolls, a wave and a side curl. All done in pincurls overnight and combed out.

rolls2.jpg

wave2.jpg

Same length but this is done with a curling iron.

wave1.jpg

An older hair cut, done with a curling iron and a combination of pincurls.

pincurl_mid-1.jpg

Another older haircut, done in pin curls at the ends only.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful hair everyone. I am envious. I haven't been able to do anything but natural curls for the last few weeks. :mad:
If I am ever able to straighten and set my hair again I am goin to try for Myrna's hair in my avitar pic. I have been wanting to try that for a while but have been having so many hair issues.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Sadness and inspiration.

Ahh it always inspires checking out you lovely ladies. I need some new ideas to deal with my current situation. My hair was recently cruelly butchered in layers and to a length that cannot be fixed but must be grown out. Good thing barbers don't still have straight razors lying around!:rage:

Hela

New in Town
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Ahh it always inspires checking out you lovely ladies. I need some new ideas to deal with my current situation. My hair was recently cruelly butchered in layers and to a length that cannot be fixed but must be grown out. Good thing barbers don't still have straight razors lying around!:rage:

Oh no! Your hair was always beautiful. I'm sure you'll come up with something your pretty creative. Thanks for posting those tutorials on your site, they were very helpful. :D

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Hela said:
Oh no! Your hair was always beautiful. I'm sure you'll come up with something your pretty creative. Thanks for posting those tutorials on your site, they were very helpful. :D

You're welcome. I actually have a brand new one in the works that should be up for next week! A little later than Golden Era, but very Mad Men.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I on the other hand want to get away from the very sculpted look to that of natural curls. I'm just not sure of curler placement for a more natural look? I know what my hairdresser did with random placement isn't the answer!:eek:

Had to sit under a helmet set to max heat and speed for 45 mins. and my hair wouldn't properly dry and when it did, it had large waves in a very modern style but no curls and it was unflattering to my face. I could tell she thought so by her expression, I lied and said I was sure it'd look okay after a while if we didn't spray it with anything setting.lol After an hour, my hair was straight with nice volume but that was it.:eek:fftopic:

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
Here is my hair today...I've been really bad with doing my hair lately, so it's not the best, but I liked it :) The back came out crap though. I did it by rolling my hair in barrel rolls, not using any rollers. That probably makes no sense lol. I fell asleep on the back while studying, so it was just flat...woops!

Silly faces abound:
hair010.jpg

hair013.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo