Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Vanessa

One Too Many
I had both editions (and just sold my first one). I happen to like the 2nd edition better - I think she did a more thorough job & I like the range of hairstyles better.

Toni

New in Town
Hi Inky

I'm also really looking forward to your review/comparison of Lauren Rennells books. If you don't post it in this thread please could you link to it or mention where you have posted it?

Thank you kindly

Toni :)

pumori

New in Town
My hair is really short. Recently tried slicking it back and using some creative bobby pin work...kind of like really bad pincurls i suppose. Here's what I got...
35ksga8.jpg

and also

xpx1zm.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
Do you girls know of any good vintage hairdresser in NY? I'm going quite soon and would love to make an appointment.

Marie

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
I have both. Not all the styles from the 1st edition are in the second, but some are. There are quite a few new styles, and more 60's Mad Men influenced styles, as well as a more thorough manicure section (but nothing you wouldn't learn here on that subject).

I plan to review the new book and I'll be able to tell you what styles are missing/added to the 2nd edition, hopefully this week/weekend.

Honestly, I was going to sell or give my 1st edition away, but I am planning on keeping it since they aren't all reproduced in edition two.

The books are great and Lauren has done a terrific job - if I can learn (and I knew NOTHING about hair a year and a half ago) then anyone can!

thanx inky...i have the first and was wondering whether to get the 2nd!
may treat myself when my finances are better....badly need a cut at mo!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Yay

So this past Friday I went out for a lunch date with the girls and I had a VERY good hair day.. it was HOT and I was not about to have my hair down so I could melt.. so I decided to add a scarf that has been laying around the house in my hair to add some pazzaz to my updo..

This is the front.. I did a pomp roll with my bangs

090509007.jpg

Here is a picture of the top..
090509008.jpg

The back...
090509009.jpg

The side...
090509010.jpg

Sorry for all the pics, I was just soo excited to hace such a good hair day :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
From the wedding I went to this weekend. I don't ever really do a "vintage" style per se, I just have a particular and failproof updo that I do because it's easy and hassle free.

DSCF2483.jpg

Please excuse the mess - this was taken near the end of the reception, after some dancing, and there were some curls that fell loose and ended up misplaced when I re-pinned them!
DSCF2481.jpg

Guess I need to make sure my pins are hidden next time :-/
DSCF2482.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Vanessa said:
Lovely! You can never go wrong with flowers in your hair.

That's the way I feel. They add a nice, finished touch and also are a big help in evening out lopsided hairstyles or covering up holes :)

PS

A-List Customer
Kitty,
I love the hair! Butttttttttt, I wanna see the whole look! Is it the purple dress from ebay? With the wing bust?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
Kitty,
I love the hair! Butttttttttt, I wanna see the whole look! Is it the purple dress from ebay? With the wing bust?

Yes, it is. I posted pics in the "Help Me Accessorize My Outfit" thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo