Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

analiebe

A-List Customer
took this photo whilst getting ready to head out to a friends blues gig on saturday night... pretty pleased with how this 'do' lasted through the day at work and then went on to see me through a night of revelry...

141109-1.jpg

LadyL

New in Town
Here's a picture of my first successful roller set. I did pincurls in the front and sponge rollers everywhere else, set wet overnight. I am growing out my bob right now so that I can have fuller sets in the future.

HAIRSET-11-2009-274.jpg

Cherry Candee

New in Town
LadyL said:
Here's a picture of my first successful roller set. I did pincurls in the front and sponge rollers everywhere else, set wet overnight. I am growing out my bob right now so that I can have fuller sets in the future.

Gorgeous!! love your hair color!

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
LadyL said:

HAIRSET-11-2009-274.jpg

That is adorable as hell! The bang wave is perfect GF!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
All these gorgeous brunettes in here - Wow! :eusa_clap

Analeibe, you remind me so much of Tallulah Bankhead. I'm just waiting for your picture to say "Dahhhh-ling" to me.

LadyL

New in Town
~Psycho Sue~ said:

That is adorable as hell! The bang wave is perfect GF!

Thanks! Now if I could only recreate it! It seems like even when I set the same pattern my hair is always a surprise when I brush it out. It's always had its own personality.

analiebe

A-List Customer
i embarked on a little variation on my usual 30s set to make it a little more like a "fluff-curl" look- used smaller sponge rollers, no wave clips through the crown this time and no setting lotion - just a light leave in conditioner... and bobby pinned the hair down around the curls for a larger smooth area of hair in the back... thought it turned out pretty cute - especially the back... (?)

191109day.jpg

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
A wavey look, you can kind of see the other side with a big black flower in the mirror. Unfortunately I ran out of good ol' ellnette spray this night so the back is a touch frizzy. I wish there was a vintage hairdressers in my neck of the woods for special occasions, it would be so nice to get ones hair done to perfection, maybe nails too while they're at it!
Autum%2009%20379.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Betty,

I was just talking about "owning" a look and wow do you ever! You're gorgeous...hair, makeup, attire, perfection. You don't need a pro, you're doing great all by yourself!:eusa_clap

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
23SkidooWithYou said:
Betty,

I was just talking about "owning" a look and wow do you ever! You're gorgeous...hair, makeup, attire, perfection. You don't need a pro, you're doing great all by yourself!:eusa_clap

Thank you 23SkidooWithYou, what a sweet comment, I'm blushing! :)

Ruby Red

New in Town
*martini*time* said:
Holy Crap! You're beautiful! I'm going to steal this hair style and do it for an upcoming christmas party! I hope you don't mind but you've inspired me! Beautiful!!! :eusa_clap

aw thanks girl :) . I picked up a little bit of inspiration for that style from a dancer while I was in Sweden this summer. I love asymmetry!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
analiebe said:
i embarked on a little variation on my usual 30s set to make it a little more like a "fluff-curl" look- used smaller sponge rollers, no wave clips through the crown this time and no setting lotion - just a light leave in conditioner... and bobby pinned the hair down around the curls for a larger smooth area of hair in the back... thought it turned out pretty cute - especially the back... (?)

191109day.jpg
This is gorgeous. I love the barrette too.

analiebe

A-List Customer
thank you both so much -

deadpan diva - what looks like a barrette is actually a dress clip - i have a few and love the fact i can use them in my hair too

betty
- i adore this blouse - it was a present from my lovely mummy - its not vintage but she thought it would suit my style and she was right on target - bless her cotton socks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran