Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Vintage Vi

New in Town
img5341y.jpg

You're hair is awesome!! If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to tell me what makeup your wearing? your skin looks flawless, and your eye make up is something i would definately wear! Fabulous!!:eusa_clap

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Here's mine from a WWII event this past weekend. Curled it all over with a curling iron and pulled the front/sides up with combs. Please excuse my face, it looks horrid!

241qc1s.jpg

I also styled the hair of the girl with me in this photo:
zn4oe9.jpg

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
I don't know how you do this, but it's AMAZING! Just breathtaking. You should do a tutorial?

Lol, thank you Laura Chase! I would love to do tutorials.. but I have no vid camera.. or the patience at the moment. =/ So for now, its just list of products and final pictures. And Im always here to answer questions! =)

PrettyPaula

New in Town
xitsvivx said:
Lol, thank you Laura Chase! I would love to do tutorials.. but I have no vid camera.. or the patience at the moment. =/ So for now, its just list of products and final pictures. And Im always here to answer questions! =)

can i ask how long your bangs are? also how do u get your eyebrows like that??

CeeCeeFree

New in Town
I've been reading this thread for a while and I thought I'd post some of my results. You ladies have helped me SOOOO much! Thank you!

This is how I did my hair today for a birthday party that my sweetie and I went to. It was held at a private motorcycle museum. I just wish I could have taken a photo with some of the vintage bikes! It was a very eclectic crowd, and although I was the most "dressed", I didn't feel out of place. Motorcycle folks are usually pretty accepting of individual expression! A good time was had by all.

24022_1399282464248_1297865247_1127446_6723941_n.jpg

Once again, thanks for the inspiration you ladies have provided!
-Christine

Inky

One Too Many
CeeCeeFree said:
I've been reading this thread for a while and I thought I'd post some of my results. You ladies have helped me SOOOO much! Thank you!
-Christine

Hola Christine!! so wonderful to *see* you here!!! aren't the ladies of the Lounge helpful (a.k.a. enabling too!)?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
CeeCeeFree said:

This is how I did my hair today for a birthday party that my sweetie and I went to. It was held at a private motorcycle museum. I just wish I could have taken a photo with some of the vintage bikes! It was a very eclectic crowd, and although I was the most "dressed", I didn't feel out of place. Motorcycle folks are usually pretty accepting of individual expression! A good time was had by all.

24022_1399282464248_1297865247_1127446_6723941_n.jpg

Once again, thanks for the inspiration you ladies have provided!
-Christine
Very pretty.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Vintage do today with non vintage outfit. I had to actually attach my beret to my head with hairpins to stop it from sliding off.

My husband, who calls me "broccoli head" when I do my curly up dos, kept laughing at me: ""Is that a spinach-topped broccoli head today?..."
Oh, well.

4451202918_612a61e573_b.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Oy, haha I always end up looking more 70s than 40s...

Ha, I totally know what you mean! I do too, but it tends to happen less with the hair now and more with the outfits.

My explanation is that having lived as a teenager with hand downs from my mother and auntie who were young in the seventies, I grew to feel comfortable in that type of clothing so it feels quite natural to me. (In the same way in which relapsing in a bad habit can be lol !)And yes, before you ask, I did the whole patte d'elephant trousers and so on...
The one good thing about it is that I am not stranger to how it feels to get stares (although is one thing to get them as a teenager and another as a full grown woman, but hey, what can one do...).
But I have to say, some things felt wrong even then, when I couldn't put a name to my frustration. And what was wrong was the fact that none of it was 30s even when it reached to it, it just failed half way through.

I am still not very good at doing my hair but it is better than when I started trying to style in a vintage way. One can only hope the same with happen with the clothing. Sometimes it takes time for things to fall into place. Unfortunately in my case it seems to take longer than in most people's cases lol
But what I am trying to say is keep practice, good will come out of it! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy