Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
Didnt turn out curly, but sharing the results anyway. I was at a thrift store early and found hot water curlers. You boil them in hot water then set your hair. While it did work nicely, there was only 12 so I had to set my hair in sections, so the result was eh. lol
DSCI0273.jpg
Cute hair! I really like the color also. I have never heard of hot water curlers before.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Tried a new bang today. I'm not sure what I think, I usually wear waved off the face and directed back but it's getting too long for that.
4487187398_5a4761c3b6.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
kamikat those bangs are super cute and suit your face! How do you set them to get them like that?
kamikat said:
Tried a new bang today. I'm not sure what I think, I usually wear waved off the face and directed back but it's getting too long for that.
4487187398_5a4761c3b6.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I set them in my normal pivot fringe set, but just brush it forward over my hand and it did that. The next time I set my hair, I'll take a picture of the pivot set.

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
here's mine...my hair is a lot longer now but I actually did the waves by hand...had no idea they made clamps for this hairstyle...my life would've been easier!!! I just bumped into this site...great tip ladies! sorry for blurry pic...my cell phone cam is terrible...

proj2.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
25128_381413199163_624014163_3818118_6870555_n.jpg

I'm glad the red is fading fast. It really damaged my hair and now I just have to wait for it to grow out so I can be a platinum blonde again! :p I don't care if it doesn't match my skin tone or whatever -- I like the washed-out fake look it gives.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Both colors work well on you. Now that I finially have hot water again I can do my roots. The gloden blonde/brown roots will hit the light just right and freak me out...thinking that some of them are white lol.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Wish I could achieve such a lovely wave, Amy Jeanne! And I don't know what you're on about, the red looks very good on you.

Inky that's a stunning photo of yourself and a do I would be sporting very often if I was you! Beautiful!

Octavia

Familiar Face
Thanks so much everyone! They've been getting a lot easier since I've been practicing and I'm hoping to post a better picture in the future.
What I find hardest about rolls is sectioning the perfect amount of hair. I often section off too little or too much. :rolleyes:

BoPeep, I will definitely read up on that. Thanks for the advice!

And cherry lips, what a lovely compliment!

Inky, that looks fabulous! You wear that hair color so well.

Antje

One Too Many
Inky said:
last weekend's messy rolls and snood do - i've been really sick and VERY uninspired lately.

Thank goodness I can live vicariously through all of you :D

4489982110_df6e0d8c08.jpg

Wow Inky great, I love your new hair color, but I think I liked the bright red better (I'm a red head lover)
The style is great, I wish my bangs were long enough to curl them again

Inky

One Too Many
thank you everyone for your kind feedback on my hair - i like the style very much and the rolls get easier to do each time I practice.

Antje - I prefer the red too and will go back to it this month. They were out of stock on my Special Effects Devilish and Blood Red combo so we tried a change of pace. It helped me realize that the red is my signature color :) I miss it and can't wait to be red again!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
last weekend's messy rolls and snood do - i've been really sick and VERY uninspired lately.

Thank goodness I can live vicariously through all of you :D

4489982110_df6e0d8c08.jpg
I love this style on you! What color is this? It's closer to the color I was going for than what I used.

Inky

One Too Many
Thank you Viv!!

Kamikat - I don't know what the product was she used - it wasn't Special Effects, but I will e-mail my hairdresser and find out for you. I know she mixed two colors to get this shade, and it was darker at first - the product fades faster than Special Effects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy