Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Hair Set and Results

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Somewhat along the line of the before and after thread- I think it would be interesting to show pictures of your hair in a wet or hot set and the afterward results. Note what direction you curled your hair if it's important to the results!

Here's the first wet set I tried with my new vintage hair wavers. I don't know what they're really called (anyone know? Marcel wavers maybe?) but I used them with a side part and perm rods curled upward for the ends.
beforehair1.jpg

beforehair2.jpg

And here's the after pictures:
afterhair1.jpg

afterhair2.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
ooh i want some of those!! lat week i was going to bid for some in an auction and then I got caught with doing something else and forgot...!:(
are they easy to use? can't figure out how you actually put them in, but the result is great!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Turned out super cute! Good idea for a thread, I have a problem with which direction to roll everything and visualizing the end result.

beforehair1.jpg

beforehair2.jpg

And here's the after pictures:
afterhair1.jpg

afterhair2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lauren

crazydaisy said:
ooh i want some of those!! lat week i was going to bid for some in an auction and then I got caught with doing something else and forgot...!:(
are they easy to use? can't figure out how you actually put them in, but the result is great!

HA! That was probably these ones :eek:
They took a little bit of fussing to figure out how to close, but they do exactly what they're supposed to and it's just sectioning off hair evenly that's the hardest part.

Thanks gals! I'd love to see more pictures! It really helps with visualizing what the old illustrations were trying to show :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I put these in the pincurl thread, but I'll put them here, too:

13938_165796939163_624014163_2797122_8293206_n.jpg

I pincurl my whole head and sleep on it.

12432_175145099163_624014163_2885441_7364704_n.jpg

Coming out in the morning!

12432_173730309163_624014163_2875342_536830_n.jpg

How it usually turns out.

Amy Jeanne said:
I put these in the pincurl thread, but I'll put them here, too:

13938_165796939163_624014163_2797122_8293206_n.jpg

I pincurl my whole head and sleep on it.

You're adorable!

Perhaps I have been over-doing it with the pins, but I always feel like mine are going to fall out if I don't have 2 pins per curl. (My hair is longer than your though) but then the curls seem to get a bit "squashed" I think you've inspired me to try again with just one.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
You might want to put a sleep net over it if your hair is longer and you're afraid of it coming out.

Even with my sponge rollers I always have to wear a net otherwise the clips tend to fall off and I get an unravelled curl somewhere!

Amy Jeanne, I think your hair looks great blonde!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks chicas!

I don't do my pincurls in any certain direction -- just wherever they fit! Sometimes they aren't the neatest, but they always give me the same result.

This takes me about 20 minutes to do. I used to put two pins in each and every one, but one day I thought one should be enough and it was. It cut down the time is takes to do the pincurls and they don't budge at night. I don't sleep with anything on my head, either.

I only criss-cross the pins on the sides, my bangs, and those little tiny hairs at the nape of my neck that don't quite catch with just one pin.

My hair is layered, which I swore I'd never do (!!), but layers are WONDERFUL for achieving those mid 1930s hairstyles I'm crazy about. Right now my hair is getting longer and I'm noticing the curls are beginning to droop a bit when I take them out. I'm also noticing I'm putting two pins in more of pincurls than when it was freshly trimmed.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, those curlers are great! My beauty school had them, but we never learned to use them.
AJ, your pincurls are fab! I can do them on other people, but I always get fish hooks when I try to do them on my self.

PS

A-List Customer
May I add some older sets?

I used flexible rods for this set. Everything was just rolled away from my face.
The curls were so tight it took a few days for it to relax enough to get a brush through it.
2hzddd.jpg
[/IMG]
I had to wear in a pony for 3 days, what you don't see is the nice wave over the other side of my forehead but the curls were to tight to use for much else.
28kn3b8.jpg
[/IMG] If my hair were shorter these would have been my replacement for Hot Sticks.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
This is a great thread, lots of good reference :) Everyone looks lovely.

I got a pretty good pompadour out of my last set:

SetResults001.jpg

Sides
SetResults002.jpg

Results
SetResults003.jpg

SetResults004.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
You ladies look sooooo Stunning!!!

I should have taken some pics last night with my pillow rollers... my curls are super bouncy.. I will re-roll them again tonight and take some pics!!

GREAT JOB LADIES :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lauren

AWESOME! I'm really loving seeing this! It's so inspiring to see them all up in rollers or pincurls and how it turns out. Thanks, gals! Keep them coming! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot