Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Horrockses dresses!

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Come on then, who outbid me on the green dress? ;)

If anyone's seen it - what do you reckon to the label? Do you think it's the original or just attached to make money?

Drappa

One Too Many
Is it the sleeveless one? (It isn't me btw!) I saw that, but thought that label is a bit later, 60's or 70's, but it does seem to be sewn on a bit crooked, so it's a tough call. It's still pretty, but not sure about the alterations and label.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I've been frantically poring over pictures of labels to see if they ever are sewn crooked - then it hit me. I'd only pay about £15 for it without the label, so am I being so silly?! Such is the Horrockses bug :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hmmm it certainly is a worry about the crooked stitching. (And you're right, i dashed straight over to ebay, such is the Horrockses bug)!!! The label is definately sixties, i think the sundress looks late fifties,early sixties anyway. It is a pretty dress tho'. I will have to ponder this one further....

I saw a really lovely grey and white striped Horrockses dress in a shop in Hastings, but the label was really just tacked on, so i left it, as it was really expensive. I pondered on that one for a bit afterwards as well....

Drappa

One Too Many
I think there is a much better one on there right now, with a high-ish starting price but classic Horrockses. I was thinking of you when it popped up in my email this morning. Might be a tad big though.
And I often had that realisation that I wondered if I'd pay that much if it was a different label or no label. Keeps us in check I think!

I think the alterations would bug me more than the crooked label.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Your absolutely right, that's what partly put me off paying such a vast sum for the one i saw in Hastings, aside from the dodgy sewing.

Is it the floral one, because that's so pretty, with the square neck, it's missing it's original belt which is annoying but i could live with that because the print is so lovely. I have yet to check the rest of them out, as i have already bought some nice things so far this month and i was trying to be good and not get tempted, (that lasted for all of a nanosecond as per usual).

Drappa

One Too Many
This lovely dress just sold for £185 on Ebay
KGrHqQOKp0E25kNthkNBN150QNp3w0_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKpME24Jw5JBN150yS-0_3.jpg

Liz Tregenza

New in Town
Hello all! I am so so excited to have found this thread,mostly because i am an alarming Horrockses collector (i think i have 21 Horrockses but i do seem to loose count!). It is great to see so many fellow alarming obsessives out there. i have a few plain Horrockses dresses, and sometimes when i buy one of them i end up thiknig to myself WHY have i just bought this, its just a plain cotton dress, but all for that magical Horrockses label!!! Anyway i have uploaded a pic of one a few from my collection (there are many many more)
9QGEas

angeljenny

A-List Customer
There are some Horrockses dresses on eBay at the moment - from an estate sale.

They are so pretty but much too small for me and much too expensive! Shame though as there is a pink flowery one that is just gorgeous!

Drappa

One Too Many
Wow, Liz I am so jealous! Fabulous collection.
Btw, those last few Ebay auctions have been utterly mad. I bid on a few, but by Jove, the bidding wars get crazier and crazier. Nearly £400 on a few - who has all that money?

Liz Tregenza

New in Town
Yeah. They have been pretty mental lately! I just paid a smidge over £200 for one which is the most i have paid yet, but i knew the print and Pat Albeck had told a big story behind the print at a talk i went to, so i HAD to have it.

I'm doing a few talks on 50s fashion in the coming weeks/months which is my current excuse for my over obsessive Horrockses buying...when i go back to uni in September i don't think i will have the same excuses to spend £200 on a dress!

Drappa

One Too Many
Oh god, has anyone seen the bow-print frock that recently went on the bay? To DIE for!

Yep, and there is one right now with a print of ladies that is exquisite, but sadly not my size :( Plus if the last auctions are anything to go by it will go for three digits and cost nearly as much as my wedding dress...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24