• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Show us your Militaria

Discussion in 'WWII' started by V.C. Brunswick, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Today I picked up my very first WWII uniform at the monthly militaria show that I go to. It's an almost complete CBI Ike uniform: jacket, shirt, tie, pants and belt. I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated entirely to militaria. So share with us your uniforms, insignia, weapons, field gear, vehicles and other related items in your collection.

Edit: I was informed that the uniform could quite possibly be a put-together -- though I must say I do like the boullion (sp?) patches.

Edit: Based on a phone conversation with someone from another forum who had also seen the uniform, it looks like only things that were added on were the CBI patch and the ribbon bar.

[​IMG]

Jacket, dated June 10, 1944, made by Sigmund Eisner Co., Red Bank, NJ.
    The company was also, at one time, the exclusive manufacturer of Boy Scout uniforms and its founder Sigmund Eisner (1859-1925) was the great-grandfather of former Disney CEO Michael Eisner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. obxgyrene

obxgyrene New in Town

A very nice find indeed.

The Army uniforms of the WW-II era certainly had a very classy look. I often wondered why they went to that hideous green blouse and trousers with the mint-green shirt when they had such a good look in the 40's.

Thanks for sharing you new treasure!

3. HodgePodge

HodgePodge One of the Regulars

My Grandfathers RCAF Wedge pin
    [​IMG]
    Cap
    [​IMG]
    Jacket, shirt, cap (Jacket worse for wear, tie and pants long gone.)
    [​IMG]
    Plaque
    [​IMG]
    Pillowcase(?)
    [​IMG]
    Certificate of Morse Code Proficiency
    [​IMG]

Spotter cards for Aircraft Recognition
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Spotter cards are from a set of likely 40 that I have yet to scan in completion. I think some of the cards are missing due to water damage.

I also have a bunch of his enlistment and discharge papers, his Armed Forces ID cards, some nav maps, WWII foot powder, and a lamb skin aircrew vest that he recieved in trade from an ANZAC airman. No idea what was given up in trade for the vest.
    Also have a 1942 "Instruction in Elementary Motor Mechanics" book, a blue leather pen and pad type thing stamped RCN, and a Cyprus-era REME beret pin.

4. Sgt Brown

Sgt Brown One of the Regulars

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
    Alex Neves likes this.
  5. obxgyrene

obxgyrene New in Town

Great collection Sergeant Brown! The RCAF uniform of HodgePodge's grandfather is sharp too.

6. Gene

Gene Practically Family

Been collecting for about 3 years now, only recently started thinning out the collection and now I have only about half what I used to, started putting my funds toward better use, like college and other expenses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Japanese-made lighter carried by my dad in Korea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bingo

Bingo New in Town

9. A few Kepis

[​IMG]

Renault

10. I remember years ago Banana Republic used to carry those Foreign Legion kepi blancs.

11. Not really WWII but I recently won this on eBay.

Named Army Aviation Chief Warrant Officer 4 (CW4)
    DCU dated 1997; 10th Mountain Division combat patch; 101st Airborne Division SSI; Army Master Aviator Badge.

Direct buy from a veteran. Individual who had recently retired after 32 years service was an AH-64 Apache pilot with the 101st in Operation Iraqi Freedom I & III. He also flew AH-1 Cobras in Somalia with the 10th Mountain Division.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TomS

TomS One Too Many

I love old militaria. I have had miles of it at different times, but nothing at the moment. I guess I'll have to go buy some!!

13. Is any one into helmets?

14. p51

p51 Practically Family

God, I wouldn't know where to begin. My primary hobby is collecting WW2 US stuff, with a recent focus on war correspondents but I have other stuff, too. Here's a little of that. Enjoy the random photos, everything is mine in these photos…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(everything but the airplane in the background)

[​IMG]

Alex Neves likes this.
  15. p51

p51 Practically Family

More...

Correspondent stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alex Neves likes this.
  16. p51

p51 Practically Family

Even more...
    From a WW2 airfield near where I grew up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Desert Storm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I founded a living history group devoted to the 20th anniversary of that war. I’m the one with the shades on near the center, the guy to the left of me is carrying my M249. This was for this year’s Veteran’s Day parade:

[​IMG]

And my favorite photo:

[​IMG]

17. I'm green with envy looking at those guns, p51. Are they replica, real, or blank-firing?

I'll try and get some pictures of me in my Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers uniform.

18. Phantomfixer

Phantomfixer Practically Family

The pic with the awesome jeep and tailer, is that Reading? those hills look very familiar....
    BTW great collection, love the Thompson

19. Phantomfixer

Phantomfixer Practically Family

Look slike the uniform fits you well Mr. Lilleythorpe...