Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your most precious vintage item .

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Without a doubt, my most treasured of treasured items!!

I am 25 years old and a graduate of Nathaniel Narbonne High School (Class of 2001) in Lomita, CA. I have been collecting Narbonne yearbooks for the past few years ranging from 1928 to 1957. I have about ten of them as well as a few Narbonne report cards and graduation tickets from the late 1930's.
But, my most treasured piece is this Winter of 1942 senior pin! I found this on eBay a couple of months ago and persuaded the seller to submit to an off-ebay offer and she did! Here are a couple of pics from the 1941 Narbonne yearbook to compliment the pin! I especially love the pics of my fellow alumni wearing their pins proudly.
Lounge6.jpg

Lounge4.jpg

Lounge7.jpg

Lounge8.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I thought I might revive this thread a bit with a photo of this:

jadering.jpg

It may not look like much, hell, it might not even be nice to look at, but to me, it's extremely precious.

It's jade (the green stone), with diamonds scattered around it, set in a platinum ring. Even though I, as a guy, will never wear it, it's extremely special to me.

It was my grandmother's ring. She used to wear it all the time and I remember seeing her wear it when I was a child. It's very special to me.

I've no idea how old it might be, though. If anyone could date it, that would be great. It has "WG" engraved on the inside of the band. I *suspect* that it was given to my grandmother by my great-grandmother on the event of my grandmother's wedding (which would've been nearly seventy years ago, now), or it might have been given to gran for another occasion earlier or later in life. It's certainly not something she would buy, because she rarely had the money for such nice things.

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
I don't have too many vintage family items, but I have these two:
yearbooks001.jpg

The first one is my grandpa's Frank Hallack, graduated from John C Fremont High School in Los Angeles. 2nd one is grandma's, Grace Webb Hallack, who went to Hollywood High School. Both seemed to be quite popular in school cause there is TONS of signatures from friends in each one.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I don't have too many vintage family items, but I have these two:
yearbooks001.jpg

The first one is my grandpa's Frank Hallack, graduated from John C Fremont High School in Los Angeles. 2nd one is grandma's, Grace Webb Hallack, who went to Hollywood High School. Both seemed to be quite popular in school cause there is TONS of signatures from friends in each one.

Very nice Mr.Hallack!

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
My most precious vintage item is my most recent, as is often the way. It is a 1953 Tan-Sad pushchair-pram I bought off eBay for only £31!!!! It's my pride and joy and holds up beautifully to my children, especially considering it's age.

newbuggy.jpg

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Here's my favorite toy. I play it every day playing standards from the 30's and 40's. It was hand made in New York in 1939 down on the lower east side.

DSC00018.jpg

Here's some of the mother of pearl inlay and brass work.

DSC00034.jpg

DSC000402.jpg

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Wow! What a wonderful guitar! Nice to see that it ended up in the hands of someone who actually plays it instead of just viewing it as an investment.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
My most precious vintage item is my most recent, as is often the way. It is a 1953 Tan-Sad pushchair-pram I bought off eBay for only £31!!!! It's my pride and joy and holds up beautifully to my children, especially considering it's age.

newbuggy.jpg

OMG I love this! What a great bargin!

Heater

Familiar Face
Here is a my most precious item. It's my Grandfather's Model 1911 he carried during his entire 30 years as an Army Medical Officer. He was issued it just before his participation in the Mexican Incursion of 1916 that chased Poncho Villa. He later carried it in France during World War I, the pistol was on his person when he was grazed my a machinegun bullet in the trenches. He kept this pistol until he retired from the Army in 1946.

picsofguns003-1.jpg

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Here is a my most precious item. It's my Grandfather's Model 1911 he carried during his entire 30 years as an Army Medical Officer. He was issued it just before his participation in the Mexican Incursion of 1916 that chased Poncho Villa. He later carried it in France during World War I, the pistol was on his person when he was grazed my a machinegun bullet in the trenches. He kept this pistol until he retired from the Army in 1946.

picsofguns003-1.jpg

What a great collectible and with a history also.

Thanks Kahuna. those things were meant to be played. When you squirrel it away into a vault, it loses its soul and dries up.

rotebander

New in Town
I certainly have a few, all of which I gleaned from my great-aunt's basement.
First is a little Lutheran prayer book that was my great-grandmother's. It's all in German in a hard-to-read font, so I've been struggling with it, but it says her name and 1916 on the front. It just kills me how my aunt just kept it stuffed in a cabinet along with several boxes of family photos-- it fell out when I opened the cupboard.

I've also got a photograph of my great-great-great-great grandparents, who moved to Iowa from Bavaria way-back-when before Iowa was a state. It's about the size of two postage stamps, but I can't imagine how much that cost for them! Funny thing is, the two of them make the exact same face as the rest of my family does in pictures. It was in a box of obituary clippings alongside my great great grandmothers childhood autograph book and a beat-up tintype of a distant relative in a Union uniform.

Then, there's the box of dresses from around 1920-1955, including several ridiculously ornate flapper dresses (one has matching garters!) and an early maternity dress, along with heaps of baby clothes.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
It's been a while since I posted here. Time to update. My most precious vintage item is my Edwardian-era writing-case:

WritingBox3.jpg

Been after one of these for twenty years (and I'm only 24!) and I FINALLY have one. Writing-cases like these are EXTREMELY hard to find in good conditions for good prices.

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Interwar Period Canadian Propaganda Pamphlet

This pamphlet belonged to my late Grandfather who passed away last October. He gave it to me very close to his death as he was aware of my love for his era and more specifically, The Second World War. He received it in an issue of the Montreal star during the period in which he lived there. It features the national anthems of majority of all of the Allies after WW1 (Japan and Italy are included) and many national songs. "Oh Canada" is counted in this pamphlet as Canada's "national song" and has an extra three verses (all of which I have never heard).

[IMG=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8328/pamphlet.jpg][/IMG]

Last edited:

DNO

One Too Many
I had to mull this one over for a while...I have a lot of "old stuff".

Right now, I think it's this one. This is the last White Ensign to fly from the mast of the corvette H.M.C.S. Chambly in W.W.2. Chambly sank 2 U-Boats in the course of the Battle of the Atlantic and quite distinguished herself. To find a White Ensign that can be linked to an actual ship is very rare...to find one linked to a ship like Chambly is exceptional.

Screenshot2011-09-17at82758PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran