Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

draws

Practically Family
Three Masted Russian Schooner, Neva River, St. Petersbury, Russia
Russia Ship small.jpg

Yeper is perhaps the most beautiful small city in Belgium, especially pointing to the Great Cloth Hall which is an historical masterpiece. Amazing. I will try to post a photo if I can locate one.
That city is very special to me. Ties to WW1. I'd love to see your photos. My girl and I hold that place dear.

draws

Practically Family
That city is very special to me. Ties to WW1. I'd love to see your photos. My girl and I hold that place dear.
In 2000, I traveled to Yeper (Ypres), attended and participated in a Great War reenactment. I made so many good friends to this day. I'm going to post a few photos starting with this one and I trust you will enjoy and ask questions, if you so choose.
This is a photo of the interior of Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing in Ypres, Belgium, dedicated to the British and Commonwealth soldiers who were killed in the Ypres Salient of World War I and whose graves are unknown. This evening service has been held every evening since the end of World War 1. More to Follow.
juni2006USMeninGate Panorama small.jpg

Last edited:

draws

Practically Family
I really like that place, and Ypers as a whole. My girlfriend is from, and lives in Antwerp, so it is always nice to travel as a "local". Last time we were there was in November. The last post ceremony under the gate is a must to experience. We are going back in July.
In 2000, I participated in the Last Post as a WW1 reenactor in Zillabeke WW1 event representing the 78 Division in the Yeper Salient in WW1. I was invited by a member of the Belgium Federal Police to participate in the Memorial Day celebration and Waregem and was honored to lead the Military parade into the U.S. Military cemetary. I have photos of that event and would be happy to share them with you all if you wish. Please let me know since it might not be appropriate to self-focus with photos here. I await your replies.

In 2000, I participated in the Last Post as a WW1 reenactor in Zillabeke WW1 event representing the 78 Division in the Yeper Salient in WW1. I was invited by a member of the Belgium Federal Police to participate in the Memorial Day celebration and Waregem and was honored to lead the Military parade into the U.S. Military cemetary. I have photos of that event and would be happy to share them with you all if you wish. Please let me know since it might not be appropriate to self-focus with photos here. I await your replies.
I wouldn't worry about that, draws. Your photographs are enjoyable and I am sure everyone would agree. Plus, I personally asked you to post them. I, for one, would like to see them.

draws

Practically Family
Photo of entrance to the Trench of Death on the Yser Canal, so coined by the Belgium army due to the tremendous loss of life. The only remaining and preserved restored trench system in the Yeper sector.
deathtrench1.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany