Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

Los Angeles
March 9, 2015

DSCF2552_zpsjcecsax2.jpg

002091d4-9f42-4cf1-a576-37cabc753e43_zpslu3zddc6.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I was working in the Turret room, when I heard the Flight For Life helicopter coming in for a landing on the roof of the hospital. I ran out on the deck, pulled my cell phone out, turned it on and to camera, just as the helicopter came into view from the left over my roof. I could not see it on the screen or even the shutter button because of the sun, so I just pointed and pushed where I thought the button was. I thought I took three photos, turned out, I only took one! Some times we get lucky! No, I am not a 100 feet in the air, maybe nine feet, they are that low!
IMG_20150413_114651_5721_zpskdtd2udx.jpg

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Taken this past Easter weekend while the wife and I were hiking the Oak Trail at Myrtle Beach State Part in South Carolina. Notice how the trees form a living arch over the trail.

LivingArch.jpg

Old Rogue

Practically Family
I like that one. It has a "lonely" feeling. We used to have fire towers like that all over the mountains here.

Big Man, there are still a number of those Fire Towers here in the eastern part of NC also. Many years ago my grandfather worked as a fire spotter in one that still stands not too far from my house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24