Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
What´s even better: I got it today and it is the best beauty-book I ever owned with many and detailed graphics and instructions for beauty! :eek: I might scan some of those and put them in my blog. while the book is in German the graphics are easy to understand for everyone! :)

kerry

One of the Regulars
Hi Ladies, Found this today at a local charity shop:)
Can anyone date it?

100_7452.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Kerry, I love that umbrella! I'm afraid I can't help on a date. I've been looking for something similar for myself... although in Souther California, I usually don't need one! :)

Gorgeous avatar, by the way. You look very smart and pretty and frank, like a Katharine Hepburn type.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Nah, she's too pure to be pink

Not vintage, but I may have had my best Goodwill moment ever today. (I'm a child of the 80s)

I picked up a little cardigan and behind it was a hot pink satin jacket. I gasped and I said to my girlfriend, "It's a Pink Ladies jacket!". Then, I turned it around and, indeed, it had embroidered on the back...

PINK LADIES

I was ecstatic! My girlfriend says, "You're turning red!". Then, as if to punctuate the momentous moment, the opening song of Grease came over the Goodwill speaker system!

I solve my problems and I see the light
We gotta plug and think, we gotta feed it right
There ain't no danger we can go to far
We start believing now that we can be who we are
Grease is the word

It's perfect, it's pink, and it's mine! I'm sure it's from some community theatre production of Grease, but I don't care :)

PinkLady.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Clara, it was meant to be!! I think the jacket found you!! ;)
Say, you wouldn't happen to be going to Camp Hollywood next weekend would you? It would be perfect for their Sunday "Grease" themed night!

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
OMG!!!! I loooove the jacket!!!

Now everyone.... lets recite the Pink Lady Pledge....

The Pink Lady's pledge is to act cool.... to look cool... and to beeeeee cool.
Till death do us part...... THINK PINK!!!

Yeah... I've seen those movies about 27 time too many.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Then, as if to punctuate the momentous moment, the opening song of Grease came over the Goodwill speaker system!
OMG, Clara no WAY!! LOL! Awesome find!! :eusa_clap

Cherry, I love those shoes. Is Goody the brand?

Kerry that parasol is beautiful... it IS fabric isn't it? Looks like it. No help dating it but it is lovely!
Nikki

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Goodwill Find!

A recent find from goodwill $9!! Needs a little TLC but nothing huge. I adore the print and the buttons!

876415329_225a9c2105.jpg

876415243_fec89cd519.jpg

I remember when you could find dresses like this all the time at goodwill. Now, they are few and far between! :(

ShortClara

One Too Many
Thanks guys! I had a feeling you would all understand :)

Red, I never heard of Camp Hollywood! Tell me more, tell me more ;)

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
A recent find from goodwill $9!! Needs a little TLC but nothing huge. I adore the print and the buttons!

876415329_225a9c2105.jpg

876415243_fec89cd519.jpg

I remember when you could find dresses like this all the time at goodwill. Now, they are few and far between! :(

What a find! I love the print!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Mary Deluxe, you lucky girl! What a find!!! I love it!!

Clara, It's a dance camp for Lindy Hop, Balboa and Shag, here's the link for the website.;) I went Friday for their Hall of Fame, (10 year anniversary) and it was so fun! I miss it every year because of our family reunion, but I have friends that go every year and have the most fun!

http://www.camphollywood.net/

Shearer

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:

876415329_225a9c2105.jpg

876415243_fec89cd519.jpg

Mary, that atomic print is awesome! I want to put a full crinoline underneath it and whip up a cake with my turquoise blue Kitchen Aid! lol

But seriously, what a great find...! I can never find stuff like that at my local shops, let alone something with such a neat print.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany