Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
It's not vintage, but will help me with my new vintage wardrobe. My new mannequin on the left, shown next to my old mannequin to show contrast.
2549134025_a1249dd9f4.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
I went to auction this afternoon. It's very rare that you see an auction advertised with old dresses in the ad, so I thought I would go check it out. It was absolutely amazing!!! The woman had passed away recently and her children were auctioning her things. The woman was a WAC during the war and had kept all her uniforms ...I mean everything from underware, nylons, her shoes, purse, all her uniforms...it was absolutely AMAZING. I was unable to bid on her WWII things (collectors were there) but I did come away with the few regular clothing items from 40's and 50's. I am happy to say that the collector who bought ALL her WWII clothing will be keeping everything together and using it for display. At least that is what he said anyway.

So on with the few but good things I bought! I spent $24 on all the clothing items...
These are a mint pair of 40's side button gab trousers...and yes they fit me!!!! Also a very cool 40's suit.
2549138685_16793a4c66_m.jpg

Candy striper dress and a 50's pink house dress.
2549966810_d1309e1ed4.jpg

More dresses...
2549968376_98b2b774b9.jpg

These are adorable matching girls dresses!
2549143767_664e703f7a.jpg

Bought lots of other none related clothing things too!

Blondie

Practically Family
Mary Deluxe ~ what a score !! I am excited for you , isn't it amazing to see that there is indeed great stuff still out there and a great price to boot , YEAH for you !:eusa_clap

bettier

New in Town
192815.jpg

I found this at a local store and paid 5 dollars for it. I just loved the detail. I am not sure how old it is, I have no idea. It is in really great shape. :)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Casslyn: I was at an auction in Lebanon, out in the country. You have to go into the country to find the good stuff. It's rare to find mint condition clothing at auctions anymore.

Yes, if anything doesn't fit you all will be the first to know.

Mojito

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe, what an outstanding find! Was your adrenaline pumping during the auction, and did you face much competition for the gorgeous pieces you picked up, or did you get them unchallenged for that $24?

Bettier, how unusual! The pattern almost reminds me of Vionnett's petals, although the petals/scales are obviously incorporated into the fabric.

Pink Dahlia, shoes like that need no excuse for doubling up. Would you say they're Oxford pumps?

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
MaryDeluxe said:
Casslyn: I was at an auction in Lebanon, out in the country. You have to go into the country to find the good stuff. It's rare to find mint condition clothing at auctions anymore.

Yes, if anything doesn't fit you all will be the first to know.

And that is the reason why I have always wanted to move to Lancaster lol lol It's only 2 hours away it's not like I'm asking to move to London! ;)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
I
2549138685_16793a4c66_m.jpg

Candy striper dress and a 50's pink house dress.
2549966810_d1309e1ed4.jpg

More dresses...
2549968376_98b2b774b9.jpg

These are adorable matching girls dresses!
2549143767_664e703f7a.jpg

Bought lots of other none related clothing things too!

:eek: OMG what amazing clothes and for $24.00 that's about £12.00 here I am soooooo jealous. That black and white print is to die for. Well done you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW